World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going on a quick dash to pwllheli tomorrow and would like some advice and guidance as to where the best place in to be able to target the bream, I don't cast very far but hubby can. Neither of us has had a bream before so any info on best rigs and best bait appreciated, I will post info on what we did and how we got on later in the week as we have got a couple of days fishing planned. Yippee:clap2:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Small hooks holding rag and squid will do the trick. Going there soon myself i will be making flappers but much longer than standard ones as bream dont always feed tight to the bottom:)

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
Might see you there shirley. hoping to be there early evening till late.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi.

I have just replied to the 'info on pwllheli' thread. This has some information that may help a little!

Cheers,

Ed

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers everybody, I'll let you know. Hope we see you mermaid, depends on how the day goes and how tired we get, we are going out on the boat on thursday and have to be up early to catch the tide, if we dont see you have fun and catch lots!!

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
Good luck to you shirley.. thanks ed2 ;)

·
Registered
642 Posts
You will be hard pushed to catch more than a couple on a beach session full stop! lol

Sorry, can't help with the freezing thing, but if you are only taking 2 to try, eat them fresh and there should be no need to freeze. All fish tastes better fresh!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fishing was a bit slow, no machs showing, a few mullet cruising the rock and the beach produced a good sized thorny to a lucky chap!!

I had 4 dabs and a doggie, as they say, even a dog is better than a blank.

Went after the Turbot on anglesey but the algae got there before us, went north and concentrated on some small rock fishing and managed to add a couple of fish species, I will post a full report when the photos are sorted as I need a bit of help in identifying one of them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts