World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a late start 4 of us headed out of Newhaven about 12.30. The plan was to fit a few marks on the way to Eastbourne and then hopefully settle down to watch airbourne for the afternoon.

We hit a few marks on the way, picking up a lot of small pollack as we went. We found a sprinkling of larger fish in amongst them along with some very nice wrasse. The smaller fish were all returned to fight another day where possible. George wanted some cod so we kept moving about in the hope of finding them, but it was'nt to be with only one small one coming aboard. The amount of pollack out there was surprising, it seems everywhere we stopped they were just waiting to jump on board!

It turned into a great afternoon out with a few fish, great weather and a veiw of some of the planes from airbourne thrown in.

The bigger fish were all about this size and the new boy on the boat caught his first cod and pollack

[/IMG]

G

·
Good report Brian. We were only half a mile from you at one point but did not realise it was you. Unfortunately by the time the Air Display got going properly were too far out to get a good view but could see the smoke trails, and hear it from 18 miles off.
We also could have had a lot more pollack but decided to try and notch up a few species instead. At least we found a few cod almost up to double figures although the jammy geordie found all the biggest fish:laugh:

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
cracking report Brian ,not seen you on here for awhile ,good to see you are still catching mate

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
That sounds like a great day on the sea with a free airshow thrown in...

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
hi..do you think if i asked darren nicely.he would give me the numbers from where you caught them wrasse...where they on lures as well...

·
Registered
457 Posts
Well done lads, looks like a good day out and nice report Brian, (I'm not sure if we're still allowed to say that to each other here without being accused of filling posts up with mundane comments, but I will anyway!).
If Daz has got Sean's old plotter on there it only has Pollock marks in it so no wonder you found plenty of stock sized Pollock!! He deleted all the good marks before he sold it!
Well done again mate,
Best
Jonty

·
Registered
322 Posts
hi..do you think if i asked darren nicely.he would give me the numbers from where you caught them wrasse...where they on lures as well...
i would give you the numbers but its 14 mile off would you go that far,most were caught on shads.
the electrics i got on the boat are my own not sean's.
they came of a charter boat from brighton a few years ago now.
good report brian,i do look after you.

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
i would give you the numbers but its 14 mile off would you go that far,most were caught on shads.
the electrics i got on the boat are my own not sean's.
they came of a charter boat from brighton a few years ago now.
good report brian,i do look after you.
14 miles off...oooh maybe when raincloud is berthed where nemo is then i will buy you a beer for some numbers...

looking after brian..lol..he did say the cucumber sarnies were soggy yesterday..all that drawling over the aeroplanes i suspect..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts