World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinking of going to the thames estuary near gravesend on sunday for a spot of fishing does anyone know where i can get some black lug from? most of the bait shops around that area don't seem to have any, can someone help me out

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Hi mate Mark 2 angling in crayford sometimes has a few, 01322 554545
If your after the sole then just use farmed rag or maddies if you can dig them.

Woll

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate

i can dig for some rag since i'm planning on getting down there just before ebb but there's no way i can get blacklug anywhere around there, never found any bait shops that do have lug, would really like an option on bait on the day

some people have told me i might as well not go cause of the amount of rain at the mo and the way it affects the fishing but i find it fishes quite well as there would be loads of dirt washed up which i think attracts fish instead of putting them off

B

·
0 Posts
If you're buying bait from Mark2 make sure you count your worms before leaving the shop!Their idea of a score ranges from 14 to 18:uhuh:

·
Registered
183 Posts
As a gravesend native i would suggest you not bother with black lug there's no real need for it, you would be much better off just picking up some rag or maddies for the flatties and fresh peeler crab for eels and anything random that chooses to turn up. Good Luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fair enough

just wanted a choice of bait on the day, gonna try 2 get some maddies and rag, thanks :) will let u know how i get on

cheers

·
Registered
100 Posts
Good website, but a bit lumpy on delivery charges. Went to order some maddies (7.50) and the delivery was £14. Take a drive over there I think...

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your going down to gravesend, directly behind ship and lobster not a bad spot, between first and second pier (near to first can be snaggy). Fished there on wednesday with rag, caught 3 dover sole all about 10oz, plus a couple of eels and flounder.

·
Registered
606 Posts
i fished gravesend on saturday from 11 till about half one used rag which was not in the best condition,behind carpet right and halfords blanked,i would really like more info on fishing down that way,jim b where is the ship and lobster please. gravesend is a place within easy reach for me so any locations there i would be gratfull,searching forums or tabs does not seem to give to much away to some one like me who is still trying to find his feet i end up going much further than than i want some times,by the way that cargo ship that went past me was an awesome site never realised the thames was still such a working river.

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
from where you were by B & Q etc, go towards town and around the one way system, turn left at the clocktower and at the traffic lights by the BP station take the second turning left and follow the road for about a mile which brings you to denton wharf, keep going and at the end of the road there's a pub car park

the owner has just changed hands so better check if its OK to park in there, if not then park on the ramp

go round the front of the pub and look over the wall, theres a small shingle beach onto mud but if you walk along downriver you get rocks close in with mud beyond, its well worth just visiting at low water so you can check the area out as the tide can go out for quite a way, most places its 3 hours each side of high water but further along towards shorne fort you can fish the whole tide, but thats a bit of a hike

·
Registered
606 Posts
thanks misfit sort of info im after and its much apprecated,i did see the sign for denton wharf on friday my other post did say saturday had a long weekend,2 new marks for me.gravesend and warden bay,will try out the one you have pointed out in about 2 weeks,cheers.sorry for spelling

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi Football-to-fish,
Might I suggest that you get youtself a Ordnance Survey, map, the one to get is the ( Explorer 163 ) this is the Gravesend & Rochester area.
You will find many place to fish by useing a map.
A good place to fish is Shornmead Fort, look for Queen's farm on the map, car parking is by the railway, then a short walk across the marshes.
Hopes this helps.
Tight lines
Suba

·
Registered
606 Posts
cheers suba ,today got a old map of west kent given to me can see the place your on about,must say thanks to all who have given info,like i have said im still finding my fishing feet,i will be honest i never thought some fish caught in the thames would be there,i have a lot to learn.

·
Registered
606 Posts
thanks kent tripod,good stuff,did load google earth twice but twice my comp crashed,put me of to say the least,good info coming through thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
As a gravesend native i would suggest you not bother with black lug there's no real need for it, you would be much better off just picking up some rag or maddies for the flatties and fresh peeler crab for eels and anything random that chooses to turn up. Good Luck
i am also native to gravesend
you really don't need blacklug
lately for me the best bait at gravesend is normal rag

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
For Gravesend just use farmed rag or maddies, the sole are well around along the sea school stretch just fish the tides mainly in the evening, 6.5 and below, the sole dont like big tides. I only use the blacks as a change as it does sort out some of the better fish.

WW

1 - 19 of 19 Posts