World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above can anyone reccomend someone who digs lugworm please.
If heard some people use chemicals to help finding them. So can someone reccomend a good source thanks in advance mick.
P.s. I'm durham area anywhere in northeast would be fine

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Washing up liquid and other stuff what makes the worms scent trail bad so useless to fish with

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Washing up liquid and other stuff what makes the worms scent trail bad so useless to fish with

most of the blacks / yellows you will buy will have been pumped Mickey
w/ liquid / veg oil being the predominant lubricant, has very little effect of the worm, if any

put it this way, over the past 3 yrs ive had over 250 codling, and pretty much everyone was taken with frozen black as either the only bait, or as part of a cocktail, all pumped myself, and washing up liquid was the lubricant for the washer in the pump

heres a few from before xmas

8 dec 3 n 4.jpg

and heres the worms
woggums.jpg

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
most of the blacks / yellows you will buy will have been pumped Mickey
w/ liquid / veg oil being the predominant lubricant, has very little effect of the worm, if any

put it this way, over the past 3 yrs ive had over 250 codling, and pretty much everyone was taken with frozen black as either the only bait, or as part of a cocktail, all pumped myself, and washing up liquid was the lubricant for the washer in the pump

heres a few from before xmas

View attachment 1143295

and heres the worms
View attachment 1143297
Thanks for clearing that up for me mate im pretty new and I just go off what I read. And before I buy anything I like to make sure I get quality thats all. Coz apparently fresher better bait is the most important aspect to fishing. I dont have noone to ask about these things so I just go to tackle shops and read online (that's where I got the washing up liquid thing from) some people were complaining that baits not as good as it used to because of new methods. I didnt understand what the bloke was on about really, I just made a note of it as beeing a bad thing.
Shudnt listen to everything I read haha.
Thems some nice size cod youv got there mate, do you sell worms like mate?

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up for me mate im pretty new and I just go off what I read. And before I buy anything I like to make sure I get quality thats all. Coz apparently fresher better bait is the most important aspect to fishing. I dont have noone to ask about these things so I just go to tackle shops and read online (that's where I got the washing up liquid thing from) some people were complaining that baits not as good as it used to because of new methods. I didnt understand what the bloke was on about really, I just made a note of it as beeing a bad thing.
Shudnt listen to everything I read haha.
Thems some nice size cod youv got there mate, do you sell worms like mate?

gave up selling worms a while ago mate
got to be a bit of a bind to be fair, too much demand, too many no shows etc

have a look in the south wales forum, theres a guy selling fresh n frozen blacks on there ( or was before xmas)

ps, i havnt used fresh worm on the east coast from suffolk all the way up to arbroath for 10yrs +
frozen black, squid, smelly razor n mussels , all from the freezer :) every time
rarely lets me down to be fair, so fill ya freezer early in the season ;)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Yep gotta say a table spoon of fairy over a 200 yard square is a drop in the ocean,
Far more damage done by the inexperienced cutting hundreds a tide ,

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gave up selling worms a while ago mate
got to be a bit of a bind to be fair, too much demand, too many no shows etc

have a look in the south wales forum, theres a guy selling fresh n frozen blacks on there ( or was before xmas)

ps, i havnt used fresh worm on the east coast from suffolk all the way up to arbroath for 10yrs +
frozen black, squid, smelly razor n mussels , all from the freezer :) every time
rarely lets me down to be fair, so fill ya freezer early in the season ;)
Thanks for the advice marra its appreciated . Iv been using online baits recently and they seem to be spot on. But once weather pics up il be out sourcing all me own

1 - 8 of 8 Posts