World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got any tips for pumping black lug off saundersfoot??just bought one of the slim pumps,i can pump normal lug well but struggle on the blacks.cheers guys!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
anyone got any tips for pumping black lug off saundersfoot??just bought one of the slim pumps,i can pump normal lug well but struggle on the blacks.cheers guys!
i pump them all the time whats happening ur snaping them ru all i can say is practise get the depth and u get the worm it toke me a while at first good luck m8 u can do it.TIGHT LINES

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
i was told to by a pro to angle the pump towards the harbour, but i do not know why. sometimes i'd get 3 lug in a row, then for 15 minutes, nothing. i got a few after about 6or 7 pumps as well.

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
i was told to by a pro to angle the pump towards the harbour, but i do not know why. sometimes i'd get 3 lug in a row, then for 15 minutes, nothing. i got a few after about 6or 7 pumps as well.
you should angle the pump anyway i never pump straight it works for me anyway that is when my back stops aching hence my buying bait much more nowadays add the petrol prices as well and before you know it it's sometimes cheaper to buy a pound for the ammount of worm you sometimes pump.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
yeah good point, my back was in half as well, especially being 6'6"!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
hi mate, i pump alot of my lug of sfoot because i live 2 secs away from the beach there. the lug are good of there. a good size and on big tides you can get loads of lug.if there is not enough lug bed in front of the harbour then make your way towards flat rock and monkstone point on the right hand side of the beach. the slim pumps are good but if you find you are pumping bits of the worm try using short quick pumps and not sucking up as much sand.
rob

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the tips guys.have booked the day off tommorrow to get some razor,so will take the pump with me.will let you know how i get on.its got to be better than cycling 3 miles up pendine beach to try and get them!!

T

·
0 Posts
thanks for the tips guys.have booked the day off tommorrow to get some razor,so will take the pump with me.will let you know how i get on.its got to be better than cycling 3 miles up pendine beach to try and get them!!
I was thinking of getting up in the middle of the night to go as i cant get time off during the day.
Not sure how that would work using a torch. Plus the wife would kill me if i woke every one up at midnight

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
oi u bass masher... why didn u fone me... u could of bout my slim 1 off me... i hat it!!! only used it twice!!!! FOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts