World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone fished there lately and if they have what have u caught what bait and what method.

any info much appreiciated

r h

·
Registered
55 Posts
Fished there last Sunday 6:30 am - 10:00 - blanked - easterly wind , rough.
Spinning out towards the reef & free line a floated bunch of rag.

Week prior on the Sunday same time - it was like the med' - flat calm, sun shining - took three Pollack , 1/1/2 after high - 2 hours on float fished rag' - sliding rig set to approx' 15ft drop. Fished tight in against the rocks , light spinnin tackle - great fun.
Went down on the Staurday for a butchers - bloke there had a couple of Coalfish, 3 doggies & a small tope - all on sandeel.

Large shoals of sand eels could be seen hour after high on the Sunday - "sheltering" in the left hand side rocks that form the small, deep pool on the left.

Chap in Tenby Angling reckons it's good for Plaice & Turbot - casting out at 45 degrees avoiding the rough - 50 yds out or so.

·
Registered
55 Posts
R/H - Rag ' - dug fresh from Tenby Market!

Hooked two/three up through the head with the float rig, most people tend to reccomend one - but if I was a fish - the site of 3 worms wriggling for their lives in front of me would do it!!!!

Week previous my mate tries same technique but with belly of Makc' - not a sniff. Reckon at the right time though it would work.

Do you know if you get Macky here?

TOG

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry mate dont really get u .

if u mean can u catch them around pembs then yeh .theres loads in tenby in summer and the boat trips are good aswell.

thanks for the advice.

rh

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah dosent readwell does it!

Meant do you know if you can get Mackerel of Black Rock in Summer?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi tog.

ive never fished black rock myself before but ''i hate whiting'' says that hes caught a few macky there and pollock on spinners.

cheers for the info mate its been really helpful.

i dont think im goin this week due 2 bad weather and the pussying out of i htae whiting.

im pretty gutted actually was really lookin forward 2 it .ah well u win some u lose some

1 - 7 of 7 Posts