World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

apologies in advance, as I know the answer to this is somewhere within the forum, but I can't for the life of me find it now that I need it...

I've been building a few rods recently with Prowrap Colourfast 862 Twilight Black, & am suffering from the wraps looking a kind of mid-grey, particularly under artificial light. This seems the same whether or not I used CP.

I recall reading a post, possibly from Stan, that suggested a particular thread, however I can't for the life of me find it - I seem to recall it might have been either Fuji or Pac-Bay Nylon (not NCP) that was recommended for a "proper" black...

Anyone able to advise, or point me to the posting...

Many thanks

Mart

·
Registered
12,575 Posts
Was indeed myself. No idea why they give these names, it`s either black or it`s not black. The prowrap "twilight" is exactly the same as PacBay "midnight" black, both go grey especially in sunlight.

I use the Pacbay "midnight" black but in nylon, not the NCP and do not add any CP after wrapping. :):)

P1010317.JPG

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Stan, much appreciated.

Just one more question, what do you do with under wraps to stop them moving if no cp?

Cheers

Mart

·
Registered
12,575 Posts
Thanks Stan, much appreciated.

Just one more question, what do you do with under wraps to stop them moving if no cp?

Cheers

Mart
Fair point, most underwraps I do are coated in CP to prevent movement. The ones in the picture above, black, I used metallic black and coated them with CP, simples !! Looks exactly the same as the nylon black when coated.:)

That`s another secret gone :eeks:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Stan, purely by chance I just got some metallic black a couple of weeks back but not tried it yet...

Cheers

Mart

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
I bought 4 spools of Pac bay black but its not black its grey. I still used it but why do they lable it black when its grey ? If id wanted grey thread id have ordered it.

·
Registered
12,575 Posts
I bought 4 spools of Pac bay black but its not black its grey. I still used it but why do they lable it black when its grey ? If id wanted grey thread id have ordered it.

They don`t label it black the call it "midnight black" which in itself is a hint that it`s :poop:. No idea why mind you except I reckon the manufacturer has simply screwed up with the colouring. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts