World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nephew and a guy he works with went down Blackgang last night and between them had three Painted Rays,the biggest weighing in at 11lb and eight Doggies along with numerous Pout.The guy he fished with apparently knows the back of the Island very well and I would have to say if last night was anything to go by he obviously does.My nephew said it was "hectic"down there

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think there were quite a few fish caught on saturday down there, a rumoured 18lb blonde ray and a 14lb undulate. Everyone i spoke to said it was just starting to fish well as the comp ended ( 3 hours down the ebb)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I think there were quite a few fish caught on saturday down there, a rumoured 18lb blonde ray and a 14lb undulate. Everyone i spoke to said it was just starting to fish well as the comp ended ( 3 hours down the ebb)
Dont know where you are hearing these `rumors`. I could tell you a few facts though.
A 14lb undulate and a record blonde were caught down chale on saturday.

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
Dont know where you are hearing these `rumors`. I could tell you a few facts though.
A 14lb undulate and a record blonde were caught down chale on saturday.
thats the message i got from the captors fishing partner that evening !

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just hope my nephew made notes,its an effing long trog down there and an even longer one back up but you dont mind as much if you catch,I hooked up with "something"down Chale a few years ago that went off like an express train and wouldnt stop,I was using Sandeel at the time and wondered if it could have been a Tope(it certainly wasnt the target species)I have since been told it might have been a large Blonde ???Never saw it first nor last in all the excitement I tightened up on it to much and lost it at my leader knot

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I just hope my nephew made notes,its an effing long trog down there and an even longer one back up but you dont mind as much if you catch,I hooked up with "something"down Chale a few years ago that went off like an express train and wouldnt stop,I was using Sandeel at the time and wondered if it could have been a Tope(it certainly wasnt the target species)I have since been told it might have been a large Blonde ???Never saw it first nor last in all the excitement I tightened up on it to much and lost it at my leader knot
Ouch! I bet it hurt loosing that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts