World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
arrived at boat at about 9.30 expecting to see egg custard playing around with nemo but he wasnt around, he was going to get an invite out with us as a belated bday trip.
the plan was to have a trip out for some conger.
all fuel'd up off we went,passing pedro in the harbour mouth a flat calm sea ahead of us up to 18knt we soon arrived at our chosen mark.
pin down the boat settled perfect,set up 3 conger rigs all baited with flappers.
it wasnt long before we had the first take.

after a short battle the first of the day.

when weighed it was about 27lb well chuffed

the fish kept coming for about 1hour then we lost the tide.
a good few hour's afloat,in total 6 conger weighing between 30lb and20lb.
a few more pics to follow.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
You did better than Mrs Pedro and me! All we got were doggies - all types, sizes and colours - and on the beam rigs mackies some quite big! Thanks for checking we were okay - the fuel tank breather caused a vacuum and stalled the engine, twice! Would happen right in the harbour channel

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You did better than Mrs Pedro and me! All we got were doggies - all types, sizes and colours - and on the beam rigs mackies some quite big! Thanks for checking we were okay - the fuel tank breather caused a vacuum and stalled the engine, twice! Would happen right in the harbour channel
better to happen in the harbour than out on the horizon
i forgot to say all the fish were return'd to fight another day.
cheers.

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
corr..!!!

my birthday trip ?.....i will be having a birthday every week from now on then...not sure my ticker would have stood it this week ..but thanks anyway..i did not see my get well card stuck on nemo thou..

whos the chap with the big one..?

nice one darren....makes a change from brians pout hauling...

has one of them congalings got my name on it..?

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
a few more pics

egg you coming next time,good fun mate.
hi..wow...its good to see that you have caught something different to all them cod and pollock...there awesome fish...i cannot do next week..might be back in hospital..but im on hols in a weeks time..so ive got me strong string out and ready to go...

just one conger would be awesome..

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
ok andy we sort out a day with nice tides that will sort us all.
hi.. thanks very much i look foward to the trip..much appreciated..

did you get them all on maccy...or giant pout baits...

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
hi..had a run out with chris today..not much about down at the head..
only super sized mackeral...

i ve got an awkward week coming up...an urgent blood test on monday,,and docs on tuesday....and a hospital appointment..so can we go the following week..as im on hols..and hopefully will feel better..ive got week wrists at the moment ..low pott levels..so hauling congers might be a bit to much this at the mo..

what rods./will my new 15lb charters do...ive not used them yet..a conger would be an awesome way to christen them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts