World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would any one be kind enough to give me a couple of gps positions on the blackwater that i could take bluebird to? she has now got a 20 hp engine on her so she can fight the tide. I took her out from bradwell on sunday and ended up with 1 whiting about 3/4 of a pound and a small roker. I wanna find some bass.:fish::fish::fish::fishing:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Best advice if you want to get bass tom is to watch for the gulls working along the sandbanks then drift over the area with lures or feathers in the wallet area.
Sorry, which part is the wallet area?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look on your chart.Look for the Swin Spitway.The Wallet is the area to the North and runs quite a way to the East.Clacton and Walton are basically in the Wallet.It is a big area,Gulleys,Banks sand a rougher ground.A good Cod area in the Winter months.
Okay, thanks. I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Hi Tom Bass are all over the Blackwater, try down towards Osea Island, but, be very careful of your depth, use the fishfinder as an eye on what's under the hull. best thing is to take a look at low water and see where the channels run.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Hello Tom,

Im not going to give any secrets away but dont mind pointing you in right direction. The back of Pewit island with large rag baits for sting rays on the flood. Any of the creeks for small bass, with Gold hanger being stuffed. Anywhere along the St Lawrance or Stansgate mooring can throw up a few fish. Dont be afraid to fish very shallow, especially on bigger tides.

G

·
Would any one be kind enough to give me a couple of gps positions on the blackwater that i could take bluebird to? she has now got a 20 hp engine on her so she can fight the tide. I took her out from bradwell on sunday and ended up with 1 whiting about 3/4 of a pound and a small roker. I wanna find some bass.:fish::fish::fish::fishing:
Give me a bell tommorrow Tom,

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
would i be safe going on the blackwater in my avon with a honda 2.3.and good places for pluging thanks
I don't know to be honest, but i do know that when the tide turns it usually pulls very hard, sorry. Some one on here will be able to tell you.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
If you was to chose your weather and tide correctly you would e safe enough. Be very aware of your limitations and dont exceade them!

I would fish the last 2 hours and the first 1.5 hours of a middle sized tide. I would also fish areas of very shallow water. Not just for the safety factor but also because these areas are so ofen overlooked by larger boats and can be stuffed with fish at times. You will catch on plugs, some paturns seem better than others.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts