World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got down there about 4pm. Had lug on a 1 up 1 down, size 1/0 hooks.
I tried past the breakers, I tried in the breakers, I tried jedi mind powers, but not a sniff of a fish.

There were about 5 guys fishing 150 yards to my right, be interesting to know if they caught.

This is 4th time in a row I've blanked there. Anyone else suffering there? I'd kill for a doggy there.

Left about 1 hour before high water as it was VERY heavy rain & my waterproofs leak in my elbows.

·
Registered
620 Posts
unlucky mate. its usually pretty productive with a varied catch. fished there last week and got feed up of catching dogs.
what was the sea conditions ?? thinking of fishing it tomorrow night

steve.

·
Registered
380 Posts
im fishing aberavon sunday ,you might wonna try mackerel and squid (especially if your doggiehunting) i'll let you know how i did when i get back:thumbs:

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi mate me an my 2 friends fished the side of u. i blanked an my 2 friends caught, 1 having 2 small schoolie bass and the other having a rocklin. i fished there last monday when it wern so ruff an i had 7 dogs and 2 whitin. i tried everything last nite, close an as far as i could throw it after wading in 2 my waste with rag, sandeel, squid, bluey an not a tap.

thanks kevin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
was the same here....i fished aberavon regular with my mate and nothing for weeks but now we catch most of the tiime it depends what bait you using and where u fish,, i suggest beach fishing by the life boat ramp on a high tide with rag worm,, caught 3 2 and half lbs plaices a 4lb 1oz bass and numerous doggies off the jack stones hope this helps you mate

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the replies, been so busy with work stuf, I've just had chance to log on.

I guess thats why they call it fishing, not catching as the old saying goes.

tight lines all

·
Registered
244 Posts
fished there sunday 1500hr to 19.00hr not even a bite bait rag squid blow lug bluey. and it ****ed down non stop.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
fished there sunday 1500hr to 19.00hr not even a bite bait rag squid blow lug bluey. and it ****ed down non stop.
3 of us fished yesterday aswell, fish baits on pulleys. i had 4 dogs, dropped a few(phew) and 2 nice whiting, 1 mate a dog and other a nice whiting too. all fish at distance. guy to right of us had a schoolie aswell.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.