World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hya,
Just got back from the short arm and yes i bloody blanked,saw a bloke catch and keep a small barely legal pollack.
I was walking on minding my own business, when i looked down amongst the rocks and i thought Henry Gilby was fishing Port Talbot Short Arm, i was about to ask for his autograph, when he turned around and i noticed that it wasnt henry at all, but Phil the Float, from behind they look the same but on closer inspection you will notice Henry Gilbys hair is natural and not Natrisse by Garnier.
Phil later came to fish alongside me, and warned me that he talks to himself, "thats ok", i said, "I argue with myself".
Even though i blanked and it was a miserable day weather wise, i enjoyed the fishing and the company. Phil caught a fish, but thats another story which he will probrably tell you about when he comes on.:p

·
Registered
544 Posts
You saying that phil the float, has a ponytail ( and a mate with his name splashed all over his clothing (Julian whatever his name is , Shambrook)and spends most of his time threatening to eat his hat if this fish is a dogfish.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He got the ponytail.

G

·
Yep I caught a fish, yippeeee, a mackerel by fishing on the inside with frozen sandeel as bait. Brought it in, give it a good talking to with my religous advisor an eye pops out, I thought to myself, well I spoke to myself, " I will put this bugger in a bag in a minute, turned around and he was gone"

about 5 or so mins after I saw a BAS jump 5 feet in front of me.

Good day, apart from the weather and lack of fish.

I also agree with you, that pollack was borderline, I would have released it!

G

·
RadioKaos said:
Hya,
Just got back from the short arm and yes i bloody blanked,saw a bloke catch and keep a small barely legal pollack.
I was walking on minding my own business, when i looked down amongst the rocks and i thought Henry Gilby was fishing Port Talbot Short Arm, i was about to ask for his autograph, when he turned around and i noticed that it wasnt henry at all, but Phil the Float, from behind they look the same but on closer inspection you will notice Henry Gilbys hair is natural and not Natrisse by Garnier.
Underneath the colours it is natural, what are you on about, it is all natural dyes. Yes I have more than one colour

Henry has now gone boring, he has short hair!

RadioKaos said:
Phil later came to fish alongside me, and warned me that he talks to himself, "thats ok", i said, "I argue with myself".
Even though i blanked and it was a miserable day weather wise, i enjoyed the fishing and the company. Phil caught a fish, but thats another story which he will probrably tell you about when he comes on.:p
Done, I was taking to the old guy who had that pollack, I had a live sandeel on with my rod on the float and my float bogs orff, so I run back to my rod, picked it up, and up pops the float. GRRRRRrrrrrr

G

·
Good fun though, I even tried sure way of getting bites by pouring a cuppa and having a sarnie, even that didnt work!

G

·
pandabear said:
hi phil

what du u do about winter fishing????
surely u can only float fish in the summer.
I have been know to float fish in the winter for Pollack, but, I do own a beachcaster as well!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Like to get together to get an insight into float fishing. tried it a few times but good, be honest aint got a clue.I am a member of the long/short arm, any where Sunday if poss (keep her indoors happy ).
Done most types of fishing, from sharking down to fishing for rudd in the local pond.
Done a bit of mullet fishing off the top using a float and bread flake with my mate . me 0 my mate 4.
need help
PBear

G

·
pandabear said:
Like to get together to get an insight into float fishing. tried it a few times but good, be honest aint got a clue.I am a member of the long/short arm, any where Sunday if poss (keep her indoors happy ).
Done most types of fishing, from sharking down to fishing for rudd in the local pond.
Done a bit of mullet fishing off the top using a float and bread flake with my mate . me 0 my mate 4.
need help
PBear
Planning on going to my new home, the short arm on saturday, not to sure about the tim. I will most probably be hungover on Sunday, going to a barbie/birthday party next door. They like their booze, so it could be flowing very well!

As for mullet, I dont like them, I prefer to go for mackeral, bass and pollack on the float.

Mackeral especially on light gear, not as light as you would use for mullet, but great fun all the same!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Come on then Phillis tell me what rigs and bait I need for tomorrow. And what rods do I need, rough ground or clean? Plain leads or wired? 2/0 or size 4? White or brown? Coke or Pepsi? Bonde or Brunette?

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any cola as long as it is diet, cant stand the taste of regular,can be coke, pepsi or tesco cola (in cans) and I prefere brunettes (more sophisticated)

·
Registered
300 Posts
phil fish on the inside, just where it to go round to the right.keep very very quiet and dont cast a shadow over water and they be there
dawn is deadly there

G

·
MaJeeKa said:
phil fish on the inside, just where it to go round to the right.keep very very quiet and dont cast a shadow over water and they be there
dawn is deadly there
Is that just by the green light or just oast it??

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Phil,

I think it is up from where you fished first yesterday(on the rocks).

good luck for the morning m8, i cannot do mornings, cos wifey(fpo) starts work at 9am

G

·
RadioKaos said:
Phil,

I think it is up from where you fished first yesterday(on the rocks).

good luck for the morning m8, i cannot do mornings, cos wifey(fpo) starts work at 9am
Closer to the end, by the bigger blocks??

Get a new FPO ??? Only Joe King!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no, phil nearer inland, just on the bend

1 - 20 of 24 Posts