World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Thought i`d get myself some Sandeels and try for a Ray at the Knap. Now you wouldn`t think that would be a problem would you?.........WRONG!!! Especially if you live in Barry! Tried the tackle shop in Park Crescent.....Blanked! Tried Aspinalls
in Cross Street.........Blanked! Tried Fishamania in Main Street. Yes, you guessed. Blanked again! I think that these guys need some advise on having stock checks!

Right then, who`s cornered the market in my area for the Sandeels? There must be somebody with a fridge full!

Tight lines,
Rich

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thought i`d get myself some Sandeels and try for a Ray at the Knap. Now you wouldn`t think that would be a problem would you?.........WRONG!!! Especially if you live in Barry! Tried the tackle shop in Park Crescent.....Blanked! Tried Aspinalls
in Cross Street.........Blanked! Tried Fishamania in Main Street. Yes, you guessed. Blanked again! I think that these guys need some advise on having stock checks!

Right then, who`s cornered the market in my area for the Sandeels? There must be somebody with a fridge full!

Tight lines,
Rich
Have tried to get sand eel all of our suppliers were out of stock hopefully coming in on Friday

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Hi Guys,

Tight lines,
Rich
:g: you talking frozen?

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
same here mate.........
ttyypical really as i have a 2 week holiday off school and was trusting sandeels in my sessions over that time....

L

·
0 Posts
I was told that Ammo have run out until they can net some more and process them - seems the shortage is wider than just Wales!

·
Registered
594 Posts
there always seems to be a shortage of sandeels this time of year

·
Registered
482 Posts
try baitsdirect! they deliver next day! pretty cheap too if you order over 50 pounds.
link is somewhere on the forum or google it.

jan

·
Registered
29 Posts
:) go to the knap on low tide with a bent screwdriver just at waters edge use ur screwdriver to make s marks in the sand and you will fill ur bucket with sand eels:clap2: i never buy sands eels if im fishing the knap cause the bait is at your feet so to speak.:clap3:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Think it's normally in april that the ammo etc start harvesting the sandeels again. won't be long.The good thing about eels is that they don't take up much room in the freezer. Pays to keep a supply!

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
Got plenty of packets in my fridge, always keep a stock, if that fails get a dog, mine loves scrathing them out of the sand.
could i borrow it to take down the knap or nash sands then???:g: :blink:

i need some for my 2 weeks off......

1 - 20 of 31 Posts