World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went over to Millport today, and totally blanked! Is there NO FISH! :blink:

I tried every bit of tackle i had from spinners, lures, feathers, short casts, long casts, even tried baiting with sandeels, rags.....

I gave up and came home in a bad mood and empty handed...:giveup:

The only decent thing was the weather! :clap3:

I would have thought the Mackies would be back by this time of year. Last year i couldnt stop catching them at Millport. Might have to try some other locations, i might head up to Greenock soon. Im heading down to try the Solway this weekend. I might try give a charter a try............ I just want a fish......

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Such a pants feeling, i was raging!

I dont know what to do :g:

Just want to catch something, a cold even!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
a bad days fishing beats a good day at work anytime,patience is the name of the game,either that or book a charter boat,good luck the next time.......

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts

I tried every bit of tackle i had from spinners, lures, feathers, short casts, long casts, even tried baiting with sandeels, rags.....

I would have thought the Mackies would be back by this time of year. Last year i couldnt stop catching them at Millport. Might have to try some other locations, i might head up to Greenock soon. Im heading down to try the Solway this weekend. I might try give a charter a try............ I just want a fish......
Hi FF, I was over at Millport last summer, just on a day out with the wife, and grandkids...and saw some crackin Mullet...got some pics too...the fish were a fair size ....if you go back, PM me, and I'll let you know where I saw them :):)

·
Registered
2,106 Posts

i would grab a mackerel or two from supermarket and try that mate theres a load of dugs out in the clyde and they can call time on blanks ,pollack and saithe like it on a baited feather i would give ardrossan and portencross a go before traveling
i think your using spinning gear ? id try troons ballast bank just keep yer lure /sandeel moving or lose it on rocks though or the rocks off ardrossan pier a jelly at these spots could get you a pollack or saithe .
if traveling id vissit kintyre :secret:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
am dying too try a couple of marks in millport wee ross (flattyfanatic)told me was not too bad probably try them midsummer seen some nice sized wrasse and conger landed in past threads in other forums maybe it picks up later in the year

·
Registered
27 Posts
thats not bad ? have had 13 trips, sum days mostly nites and blanked every one . was invited up to wurmit by DEEPSIX , and eventualy caught 2 flatys:clap2: :notworthy :clap2: 14 = 2fish

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah man, last year i was reeling mackies in....even caught myself a Coalie and a Wrasse....but at that time i had no idea what they were....:blink:

Some good spots on the rocks, just pasted the pier were the big trawler works from..... but have to admit not had the courage to try anywhere else yet.

However, off to try the Solway today...about to leave, got a full weekend down there for a wedding, but shhhhhhhh, i'll get a few hours in! oh its not my wedding......im just best man!! :secret:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts