World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two more miserable blanks to add to the pile (Lech Dafad and Newgale).

But - the violets are out, saw chough feeding on the cliff tops, the peregrines have chicks, saw a flock of 69 razorbills, and the geology of my local coastline always holds me in awe. Life is good and the fishing will get better. Roll on warmer weather!

Rhod.

PS Just out of interest. Has anyone set themselves any personal targets for the warmer months? Species, techniques, venues, whatever?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hi Rhod, hope Newgale picks up soon,,,coming down in May for a week.
In answer to your question, I really want to get into some Wrasse this year.
Partly why I am coming down your way(oooh err missis).
Never see them up this way.( NW.England)
All the best,
Terry F.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Wow you really are doing things right in terms of your priorities! It is all about 'place' isn't it!!

As a returnee i'm beginning to start gettting things right as regards actually CATCHING fish once again. I've bored people about NOT blanking by using light tackle (put it on another thread about blanking?) but it really does work.

That taken care of, my target species this year is a SEA TROUT legally hooked in the sea (as opposed to the many ... etc. etc. caught in Snowdonian rivers when they are in spate with the good old Lumbricus terrestris, and one eye out for baliffs) The Sea Trout in the sea has evaded me for well over 50 years. Mike Snr. gave me some really good advice at the NEC last weekend, and ChrisP tells me that he catches them regularly from his boat ... SO that's it for 2005!

The day Charles got married for the first time, I seemed to be the only human being fishing so I had first try and had a 10 and half pound bass on a big soft crab from the Benlas in the Swellies! Great day FOR ME anyway. Now it is a bit early for bass this time around but I intend to get a decent one this year together with another Mullet on the light stuff (was 13 when I last caught - two at 4lb bread paste on a treble, on a handline underneath Menai Bridge (pontoon) pier, with one eye out for the piermaster!) I used to eat my fish in those days.

Isn't it strange how you can remember the details of great catches but forget all about blanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
speaking from personal experience rhod, i found that at newgale you need to have exactly the right conditions to fish - at night, rising spring tide with a big blow. how ever both ends of the beach fish well most times.

where is lech dafad??

this summer i will be targetting maily bass and pollack from the boat on rapalas, also fish the not so well known 10 fathom bank in st brides bay. also wrasse and flatties.

tight lines
joejarvy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts