World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
best baits ive found for blondes is an whole sqiud with a sandeel,as for catching them on a fly,not heard of that method,sorry
steve

·
Registered
281 Posts
nor me, ammo sand eel on a pennel is deadly if fishing from a boat. i normally use very sharp 3/0's with a medium/large sand eel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well i found sandeels and squid pretty good too, but the last few months i have been using whole joeys tipped with rag, only last saturday i took a 15.5 lb blonde using them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live as far from the coast as any one can. I Love fish as a meal.
when I catch a Fish I cook it and eat it but I have never caught a Ray what do you do with them apart from put them back after a Photograph?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
i never eat ray myself but know a few people who do.it's o.k to take the odd male but i think all females should be returned, only my opinion.

best bait for blondes is defo squid and sandeel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Leeshore said:
I live as far from the coast as any one can. I Love fish as a meal.
when I see your Answers I think to myself I know how to eat a blondy now. Fish is Fish. Even Big Salmon Think so ....... Well Ultra bite . com site . seems to think so, thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Leeshore,

I only take the Male Rays and return the Females, and that is only when the freezer is MT.

They are a lovely fish to look at but horrible to handle, no matter how often you wash them they remain slimy

You only eat the wings.

If you look at a ray from above, you will see that the head and body are a figure of eight. With a sharp knife cut round the outside of the figure of eight severing the wings from the body. The next thing is to remove the skin, this is quite difficult but again with a sharp knife, a pair of pliers and pleanty of patience you will do it. Trim the outside of the wings with a pair of scissors and it is ready for the oven. Never overcook them as they can be tough to eat.

Nearly all the fish that we catch are lovely to look at but they are there for eating as are other forms of animal life. I fish for the pot and return those that are unwanted. I never take more than I need and I dont feed my neighbours or cats.

Cheers

Drew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts