World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after almost no fishing in July, and a big blank on Friday, I took my son with me to a South Pembrokeshire beach to try a new mark on Saturday. Things are looking good when after I missed a pull, another very good size bass has four swipes at my Patchinko, but no hook-up. So the boy rushes over from his spot, stands next to Dad, casts his soft plastic in next to me and BANG - fish on! A cracking 2.5 lb fish landed and returned and he is somewhat more chuffed than me. So, Sunday on a friends boat from a new (for us) North Pembs mark and guess who lands the first bass of the day - yep, the boy. Not a big fish, but fun as he saw it follow the Mag Popper lure through the water before taking the hooks. What did Dad manage? Hooked one good fish, which threw the hooks half way in. Hooked another cracker which gave me a real scrap, fighting deep and taking line before being beaten and bought to the boat. Just as I went to slide the net under the fish (estimated at 3lb) it dropped off the hooks for a soft release! Boy 2 : Dad 0. To add insult to injury he then gets his photo in the Junior Catch section of the Sea Angler out today! I know the day when the student outstrips the teacher always comes but I was hoping it would be a bit longer. :giveup:

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
So after almost no fishing in July, and a big blank on Friday, I took my son with me to a South Pembrokeshire beach to try a new mark on Saturday. Things are looking good when after I missed a pull, another very good size bass has four swipes at my Patchinko, but no hook-up. So the boy rushes over from his spot, stands next to Dad, casts his soft plastic in next to me and BANG - fish on! A cracking 2.5 lb fish landed and returned and he is somewhat more chuffed than me. So, Sunday on a friends boat from a new (for us) North Pembs mark and guess who lands the first bass of the day - yep, the boy. Not a big fish, but fun as he saw it follow the Mag Popper lure through the water before taking the hooks. What did Dad manage? Hooked one good fish, which threw the hooks half way in. Hooked another cracker which gave me a real scrap, fighting deep and taking line before being beaten and bought to the boat. Just as I went to slide the net under the fish (estimated at 3lb) it dropped off the hooks for a soft release! Boy 2 : Dad 0. To add insult to injury he then gets his photo in the Junior Catch section of the Sea Angler out today! I know the day when the student outstrips the teacher always comes but I was hoping it would be a bit longer. :giveup:
lol - no more pocket money for him then (fair paly & well done to the lad ;) )

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More like a new rod for his birthday next week (keeps mentioning Bush Wackers!) and a new lure or two. Now, where did I put Mr Fish's number? To be honest he gets such a buzz from catching bass on lures, especially on the surface, that's it worth getting beaten from time to time - just not every time!

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
More like a new rod for his birthday next week (keeps mentioning Bush Wackers!) !
Just think yourself lucky he doesnt want a Tenyru supermix or rodbar,:unsure:, good to see he's catching some decent fish though. :clap3:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HI fair play to the lad bet he was well chuffed
Delighted, especially after a few poor sessions. Faith has been restored and now he wants more lures - we all know how that is, right?

Aye well done to the lad - great when you can share it with the family ... another one hooked for life!
He is turning into a good little angler now, really thinking about what he is doing, and how the conditions will effect the fishing. Lets hope we get some more fine weather through the summer holildays to feed his addiction!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts