World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im using a 2 hook rig top hook clips up and bottom hook clips down, i thread my lug along the hook starting with its head then the hook comes out the lug near its tail, i use a pendulum cast. i find the tails on both lug come of as i cast, between 1 and 5 meters in front of me in mid flight and iv treid adjusting the power of my casts but no luck also iv tried different worm sizes but the same heppens.

Team Cumbria Captain
i wouldnt worry about it mate i either nip the tails off when i bait up or they come off on the cast. the juicy bit is the body if you still have this on your hook then theres not a problem

Registered
alright, il live without tails. might try a needle are they good or not because i have no problem threading them on a hook so would it be pointles buying 1?
Id compare that question too someone who doesnt need a walking stick buying one.

If you dont need it then why buy one.

I have too use one as im cack handed and dont stand a chance without a needle...:roll1::roll1:

Registered
blow lug always blow up on the cast especially if your a big caster. use black lug anf bind it with bait elastic.

if i use blow lug i maybe use a d-vice or cast close in

Banned
2 be honest with u i can thead a bait on the hook ok but i also use a needle sometimes it puts a worm on the hook perfectly for bait presintation but i think it's ur personal choice

alright, il live without tails. might try a needle are they good or not because i have no problem threading them on a hook so would it be pointles buying 1?

Back from Exile
I use a bait needle all the time now, find it quicker and easier for big baits or small hooks. Being kack handed it also gives me better presentation, especially if I am threading three big lugworm up a pennel rig. But as the man said above, it is all down to personal preference - I just find them a very useful piece of kit.

Never had much of a problem with any lug blowing up in the cast, and I can give it a fair old whack. I pretty much always have it clipped down on an impact lead using a fixed paternoster rig and about a 15" snood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.