World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Graham travelled down from Yorkshire to fish with us on Monday. His lifetime ambition has always been to catch a Blue Shark from UK waters.
We motored out to the grounds, seeing loads of Dolphins, Manx Shearwaters, Puffins, Guillemots and Gannets on the way. Everything looked good for a cracking day.
We got the chum down and within 40 mins the shout went up and the first Blue was on. The fish made 4 long, powerful runs in a fight lasting 20/25 mins. Great fun on balanced tackle. The fish was bought on board, photographed and quickly returned no worse for its experience.
Graham was elated, having fulfilled his lifetimes angling ambition.
What happened next took me by surprise. Myself and my crewman started to get the rod baited up and ready to go back out but Graham said, " take me home, I want to start celebrating ". I was suitably shocked and explained that we would shortly have plenty more Blues and probably a Porgie on board but again Graham said, "No, I want to go back and start celebrating with my family ! " As it dawned on me that he was serious and actually did want to go home after having only been fishing for about an hour in total I realised that we had fulfilled his dream and now was the time to go ! The customer is always right.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

One very happy angler. I have a sneaking suspicion he may still be celebrating !
Well done, Sir.

Keep it tight,
Dave.
www.havenboatcharters.com

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Each to his own I guess..

Nice picture though thanks for reporting - it's nice to see a presence from one of the charter boats in the milford area on here, it's a shame more don't put up reports and photos.

Reactions: excel
1 - 7 of 7 Posts