World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hearing reports of good flounder being caught by the blue bridge this last week we decided to give it a try on saturday afternoon,with not knowing the venue we decided to fish it three hours down (so we thought) and a couple of hours back up but silly me forgot to add the hour on to the time in my laver`s tide table:oops: so we end up fishing 4 down and 2 up.nether myself neil or mark had a bite on the ebbing tide,but just as the tide started pushing back up i had my first bite which i missed but i soon had anther bite and my first fish a perfect little flounder of about half pound this was quickly followed by two more bite and two more flounder the biggest being just over a pound and all were caught on ragworm, shortly after the tide started pushing us back up the bank very quickly so we decided to call it a day.i`m afraid both neil and mark blanked on the day but we all topped up the tan as it was a cracking day weather wise but just a shame on the lack of fish,Del.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
After hearing reports of good flounder being caught by the blue bridge this last week we decided to give it a try on saturday afternoon,with not knowing the venue we decided to fish it three hours down (so we thought) and a couple of hours back up but silly me forgot to add the hour on to the time in my laver`s tide table:oops: so we end up fishing 4 down and 2 up.nether myself neil or mark had a bite on the ebbing tide,but just as the tide started pushing back up i had my first bite which i missed but i soon had anther bite and my first fish a perfect little flounder of about half pound this was quickly followed by two more bite and two more flounder the biggest being just over a pound and all were caught on ragworm, shortly after the tide started pushing us back up the bank very quickly so we decided to call it a day.i`m afraid both neil and mark blanked on the day but we all topped up the tan as it was a cracking day weather wise but just a shame on the lack of fish,Del.
Well done Delboy with some fish and nice weather.
What side of the bridge did you fish as the spot on the spit point looks ok.
Coastman:)

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
well done delboy heard that flaties been caught there ,what result on sat 3.0 away shaggy

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well done delboy heard that flaties been caught there ,what result on sat 3.0 away shaggy
cheers shaggy,the fishing was slow there on saturday, but your right a cracking result for the town let`s hope they can keep it up,Del.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well done Delboy with some fish and nice weather.
What side of the bridge did you fish as the spot on the spit point looks ok.
Coastman:)
alright coasty,we fished between the blue and the railway bridge just about 10/15 yards from the blue bridge.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good report Del nice compfy mark too id like fish the mouth of the river one of these day:unsure:
Thanks mate,wos talking to someone there who fishes the area alot who said fishing at the mouth of the river can be productive but once the tide turns you have about half an hour as it floods very quickly,Del.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts