World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be heading Cornwall way ,dates and locations not set yet but next fortnight..

So

Im looking to catch a blue shark.
I have experience with big fish ,I've caught catfish up to 90lb, and tonnes of them , so in not in doubt of my abilities .
I would really like some experience from some people who have actively fished for and caught these beauties.
Best boats and whatnot , just any info available . I have my few ideas of who to call , but as we all know , Google is very different to the real world.

Thanks in advance people

Dominic

·
Registered
865 Posts
I haven't been but have looked into it and have friends who have gone and done it.
I can say 100% of the sharks are returned, believe many are unhooked at the side of the boat and only some are brought aboard for photos unhooking etc.
I believe most of the decent boats will provide all the tackle and it is pretty much insisted upon that you use it. But then as long as they provide a decent 20lb class boat rod why wouldn't you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Out of Falmouth there's a boat called Anglo Dawn (https://anglodawn.com/trips/shark-fishing-in-cornwall/) Run by a great skipper named Andy Howell. I've fished with him a lot including blue sharks. He operates a strict catch (tag if large enough) and release policy and knows his stuff. You will not go wrong with him. He'll put you on the sharks for sure.

His Facebook page has a lot of reports on it (https://www.facebook.com/anglodawn/) and he has been on Blue shark trips already this year with success.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Bite adventures penzance look him up on Facebook looks a top boat
Ive never been out on this boat but a few of my mates go regulary , Ive seen the pics of the sharks they caught and couldn't believe how many they had, 20 or more caught on the boat on a good day. The skippers name is Chippy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts