World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I am thinking of buying a new boat its 17ft long with a mariner 15horse 4 stroke petrol engine with power tilt.
The boat with trailor is £15 k

I did not want to spend that sort of money on a boat or even buy new its just that the engine and boat come with warranty for 5 years,this to me is piece of mind as i know outboards can let you down when you need them most.I like the arvor model but they are abit more expensive even the secondhand ones

I like the look of this boat but wondered if anyone on here has used one of these before

The boat is bluestar fisher,i wish to have some weeknds away on this and i`m not to sure if it will be upto the job?

or maybe some advise on some other boats that would suit,would prefer diesel but i think for 15 k i would not get much of a boat for that sort of money

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
one on here all brand new with a 60 hp engine for 15k

http://eastcoastboatsales.co.uk/boats_for_sale_new.htm

and probably room to bargain for a slightly larger engine as a 60 will struggle when the boat is loaded max ob is a 80 so i would be looking at putting a 80 hp on it especially for fishing :fishing:

ETEC
hi etec

thats the site i was looking on............well on appollo duck

all look good to me hahahaha

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
hi clinker
sorry mate i ment to write 60 horse power not 15
i had 15k on the brain hence 15 horse.

must admit i do like that boat on the link........got me thinking now
Still saves you £2k (for I presume the same same package) which you could put towards the upgrade to 80hp as ETEC suggests, or a 75hp ETEC which is what I guess both myself and ETEC would go for!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still saves you £2k (for I presume the same same package) which you could put towards the upgrade to 80hp as ETEC suggests, or a 75hp ETEC which is what I guess both myself and ETEC would go for!
That extra 20 horse would it make that much difference?
would it not make it abit thirster ?

Only had 1 petrol boat with an inboard volvo penta..that was pretty thirsty so i`m not to sure what my gallons per hour would be from 60 horse to an 80 horse? would i notice the speed.

·
Registered
8,788 Posts
That extra 20 horse would it make that much difference?
would it not make it abit thirster ?

Only had 1 petrol boat with an inboard volvo penta..that was pretty thirsty so i`m not to sure what my gallons per hour would be from 60 horse to an 80 horse? would i notice the speed.
Fully laden the 60 would need to be at full throttle to keep it on the plane

as for the extra 20hp then the engine could cruise and keep the boat on the plane so it would be more fuel economical

ETEC

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fully laden the 60 would need to be at full throttle to keep it on the plane

as for the extra 20hp then the engine could cruise and keep the boat on the plane so it would be more fuel economical

ETEC
etec

Thanks for the info i will bear that in mind

·
Registered
842 Posts
Hi all
I am thinking of buying a new boat its 17ft long with a mariner 15horse 4 stroke petrol engine with power tilt.
The boat with trailor is £15 k

I did not want to spend that sort of money on a boat or even buy new its just that the engine and boat come with warranty for 5 years,this to me is piece of mind as i know outboards can let you down when you need them most.I like the arvor model but they are abit more expensive even the secondhand ones

I like the look of this boat but wondered if anyone on here has used one of these before

The boat is bluestar fisher,i wish to have some weeknds away on this and i`m not to sure if it will be upto the job?

or maybe some advise on some other boats that would suit,would prefer diesel but i think for 15 k i would not get much of a boat for that sort of money

Thanks in advance
I looked at a Bluestar in Essex, and to be frank they are very cheap and nasty IMHO , I do'nt think their future resale value will be upto much either

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
I looked at a Bluestar in Essex, and to be frank they are very cheap and nasty IMHO , I do'nt think their future resale value will be upto much either
Not wishing to put a dampner on things but I must agree with Ianz. A local dealer imports Bluestar boats & those that I have seen are cheap & nasty. IMO there are better packages for around your budget available.

headlight

1 - 12 of 12 Posts