World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally managed to find the time to go fishing with my youngest son, so I picked him up at 10.30 and then went to dig some lug. Once we had enough we headed to Boarhills and got there at low tide. First casts were met with strong bites, but fish were lost into the weed. This continued for about 30mins and then I managed to get a small red cod. Just after this had a good sized cod on that decided to dive in to the weeds and was lost.
Tide started to push in and the bites got slower for about an hour, then the wrasse made an appearance . My son landed the largest at around 3lb and in the end we finished with 3 cod and seven wrasse after 3hrs fishing.
A nice way to spend a sunny afternoon and my son really enjoyed it.

Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
794 Posts
good couple of hours wi yer lad catchin a few certainly keeps then interesred,my lad got his first wrasse t,day:marinheir

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went back to boarhills again today with my son and he out fished me 4 ( 3 wrasse and a cod) to 2 wrasse. Again all the action was at low tide and unlike saturday the fish didn't return after the first hour of the flood. Nothing big this time, but fun anyway.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
well done on yer session,
always great too get the wee yins catching fish :thumbs:

braw sized wrasse too at 3 lbs :clap:

dont mention " out fished " , i lost 9 - 7 tonight to my son :)

Andy

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Went back to boarhills again today with my son and he out fished me 4 ( 3 wrasse and a cod) to 2 wrasse. Again all the action was at low tide and unlike saturday the fish didn't return after the first hour of the flood. Nothing big this time, but fun anyway.
well done on your trips to boarhills,i've had good sport here close in with the boat,good pollack around here too,i'll be mackie bashing off boarhills in boat tomorrow evening before a couple hours cod fishing.

·
Registered
149 Posts
:whistling well done m8 and the we lad well done:punk:
joe

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dear Silverking
Be careful of all those pots when you are drifting past Boarhills. It looks a bit like a 9 hole golf course with all those flags!! Must get myself a boat next year as this whole area can be really good. Have thought of a winter session here after a blow, but never got round to it.

Nick

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
well done lads, a good day out and some nice fish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts