World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Weather looked to have knackered the fishing in the east nuek as there was a big sea running again. Decided to go to boarhills to see if we could escape the worst of it. Fished the rocks to the left of the cowshed. We had beachcasters out about 60 yards and float fished close in. My brother was first in with a little wrasse about 1/2 pound, nice colours.
[/URL]http://[/IMG]
I have a new phone which was set to video, so I,m not sure if it will work. Anyway I lost my float, when the weight got caught on a rock so I just put a small pulley on and fired it into the other bay. Next thing there was a big bend in the rod and I pulled in a nice wrasse of 2-3 lbs. It had deep swallowed the hook and I couldn't get it out. I just cut the line close to the hook and returned it to the water it swam away no bother. Things went quiet for half an hour or so and I got another wee wrasse on the close in rod. I had sussed out my phone by this time and managed a photo.
[/IMG]

Soon after I had to leave as the boss is out tonight so I left my brother fishing the dropping tide. Not a bad mark but would fish better over a low tide. Still we had a good afternoon and made the best of the ****ty weather. Should be better this week when the kids go back to school.
Also track down to mark is a bit ropey if you have a small car. I think my exhaust got a bit of a battering.
My brother just called to say he got another three Wrasse after I left. He then ran out of lug as I had taken them home, well whats a man to do, more fishing I suppose!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice to see someone else had some luck at boarhills yesterday. I was there and caught a nice wrasse. It was my first tme there and wasn't expecting the road to be that bad. But except for that it was a really good afternoon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts