World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to fish the boarhills this year does any one have any info on the place i have been told its realy good :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
alright there marcus,

boarhills is not a bad place at all! excellant for cod, wrasse and coalfish! always had my fish on lug and rag but reckon all the peelers etc will work just as well! i fished just beside where the kenly burn runs into the sea two hours before and three hours after high tide and had a good session! if you need directions or want to know of parking places etc give me a shout! i'm a local! or if you time it when my missus is away working i'll fire down with you for a spell!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
I fished up past the cowshed to the left if you are facing the sea,and on some flat rocks, got loads of wrasse up to 3lb, but no cod, it was really snaggyand you will need rotton bottoms. Funny you should mention thr cows , my hirecar got done by them and was all covered in snot. I will be up there for a week in august so keep me informed howw you get on

·
Registered
409 Posts
Doors you based in fife? you ever had any bass action in St Andrews or the surounding beaches, in fact whats St Anrews like in general bearing in mind it will be in august

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys will let you know when i can go
:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
eh up richy,
yes mate, i'm based in fife! tayport to be precise... never caught a bass up here yet! still trying! only ever fished st andrews once and that was by boat! heard there's bass in the tay right beside my house as well but yet to catch one! determined i'm gonna get one yet!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts