World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone been on the silver spray at largs. i am thinking giving him a go. any info would be helpfull

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Just dont expect too much in the way of fish. Go for a wee day out and you should enjoy it

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
No VHF, No GPS, No Fishfinder, no sign of lifejackets and no safety briefing when we were on it. Oh - and only a couple of tiddlers and the most expensive trip I've ever had per hour.

Knock yourself out!

·
Registered
55 Posts
never tried that one, but if you need numbers pm me can't be any worse than the wee ( or was it just pish?) boat from ardrossan, didn't seem to know the water, no sign of safety gear, but he did have a fish finder - although not really needed for mackeral.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
never tried that one, but if you need numbers pm me can't be any worse than the wee ( or was it just pish?) boat from ardrossan, didn't seem to know the water, no sign of safety gear, but he did have a fish finder - although not really needed for mackeral.
I didn't even know that there was a boat ran from Ardrossan LOL, the Flying Eagle from the Largs Yacht marina used to be good for a few hours trip. A nice well equipped comfortable boat (Lochin 33' I think) and the skipper was a really nice guy who knew his stuff, unfortunately I think he only takes out divers now due to lack of business/interest on the angling front.

·
Registered
55 Posts
just a thought, but anyone tried the dawn rise out of millport? a friend told me he'd seen it in a mag a while back - but haven't heard anything else about it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts