World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't source part for my boat and wondering if anyone has used boat breakers,recyclers abroad.Any info on any would be appreciated.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2002 Beneteau Antares Peche 700,I'm needing two spring loaded catches for holding the engine hood closed but no joy from Beneteau dealer,my thinking maybe more chance of finding them abroad.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
2002 Beneteau Antares Peche 700,I'm needing two spring loaded catches for holding the engine hood closed but no joy from Beneteau dealer,my thinking maybe more chance of finding them abroad.
Might be worth contacting @bigben - he revamp one of those before his current boat.

Would a 'Toggle Fastener' do the job ?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Might be worth contacting @bigben - he revamp one of those before his current boat.

Would a 'Toggle Fastener' do the job ?
I have owned a 700p for more than 15 years ,the deck /engine hatch locks are rubbish,they are USA made by southco as they are zinc alloy and prone to seizing and corrosion I suspect they were designed for freshwater use,, you can get them from the us but cost with p+p be high ,google southco fittings etc,I have given up trying to get them working properly and now allow them to stiffen up and open them with a screw driver to lever open ,no problem with this no damagess rubber seals protect the gel coat and they hold hatch closed ok, I have seen them replaced with stainless steel deck fittings,very much like the ones used on avor boats, Solent marine do a couple which may fit straight in in stainless but at 70 quid eachx5 I won’t be bothering will stick to my screwdriver,it’s not as bad as it sounds!!!, hope this helps.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Garwed if you're interested stick this number in ebay C5-11-25 .I bought a pack of two £19.99 .Then stick same number in google.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts