World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just got into fishing, been shore fishing for a year, went out on Blue Thunder from Swansea, had a great day and Mark the skipper was great. All novice boat fishermen and all caught plenty of fish, mostly dogs but had a couple of huss, plenty of pouting, small cod and ray, and my mates boy, made his day, had a conger about 10lb. Thanks to Mark for a good trip. Certainly rained at times!! but took us to several locations trying to keep the fish coming in. Sorry no photo's, it was a bit wet to bugger my phone up!!
This has given me a mission to get a cheap boat combo for future trips, but thinking of getting a reel I can use from the shore also with my beach gear. Can anyone recommend a reel to suit my needs, and also a good budget rod to match.
Thanks

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Which has bearings for easier casting but has sufficient "grunt" & line capacity for most types of boat fishing, you may be able to pick one up off e-bay cheap! As regards rods go to Tacklesmart, Swansea for bargain basement rods (& reels) a 20lb/30lb class boat rod will deal with everything you want to do, or you can go for an Uptider it will match the Abu 7000 reel perfectly;)

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Which has bearings for easier casting but has sufficient "grunt" & line capacity for most types of boat fishing, you may be able to pick one up off e-bay cheap! As regards rods go to Tacklesmart, Swansea for bargain basement rods (& reels) a 20lb/30lb class boat rod will deal with everything you want to do, or you can go for an Uptider it will match the Abu 7000 reel perfectly;)
what you know skip your still useing a cain and fly reel lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.