World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well these are what i have taken from the forum members about comps these ideas could be put in place for next year.

Max size of boats 10m long or have 2 size of boat catergory's.
Reduce the entry fee per man
Make it a per boat entry thats works on fee paid on how many on the boat.
Heaviset round fish and flat fish also a best specimen.
Distance on travel of boats.
Extend the prize table to 4,5,6th places

I would like to open it for juniors as well but there is a lack of entry for them.

So there is a few ideas that people have posted from scotland to the isle of wight and local members many thanks for the ideas keep them coming on how to improve things.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just spoke to the guy's at frasers in gateshead they run boat comps and get very well attendend around 100 anglers per comp. here is the format for there comp this is from the e-mail i recieve from alan charlton.

8th August Ian woods boat comp

The competition is being held on Sunday 8th August and is open to all boats - both private and charter. Entry is £10 all classes and the event a "Heaviest Single Fish" competition. Competitors may fish from any port, but must weigh in at the Royal Quays Marina, North Shields. Tickets will be on sale from 7.00 am on the day of the competition at the Royal Quays, or from tackle shops the week before. Fishing is 8.00 am to 4.00 pm with weigh in 4.00 pm to 5.30 pm at the Royal Quays. There are two categories - one for boats under 20 ft and the other for boats over 20 ft. The first three HSF in each of the two categories will receive a percentage of entry monies. There will also be an excellent prize list and - for the HSF weighed in from a kayak there will be a special prize. One prize - one competitor

So what do you think i can see me adding some of these rules in next years comps.

Comments please good or bad feel free.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts