World Sea Fishing Forums banner

boat cover

524 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  kennythejoiner 
#1 ·
hi all, i am looking at making a cover for my boat, trouble is there are so many different types of material out there.
i was thinking of a 1000d cordura ripstop with pvc backing 800gram p/m2 or a lighter 1000d cordura ripstop with pu backing 400gram p/m2. does anyone have any views on these choices. any help appreciated.
many thanks
john

#2 ·
Suppose it depends whether you just want a .. cover , or a fitted cover . For a fitted cover , there are folk on the forum who make to spec .. they have the expertise and machinery to sew these matierials . For a basic cover , have you thought of , maybe , a commercial HGV breakers , to source ..curtainside trailer matierial ?? Dont know what its made of , but its strong and durable ...!

#3 ·
Depending on the type of boat you have most good manufacturers have there own to suit the boat models they make.
Get it toach with them first as unless you get a custom one made, you would be just as well throwing a harp over it as that's what the cheap or off the shelf homemade ones look like..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.