World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Boat Fishing at Nairn

2K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  Norrie 
#1 ·
Hi Guys, I'm thinking of a few days at Nairn with the wife this summer....I havent a clue about fishing the Nairn area....I've been there loads of times on overnights etc....but never stayed there on holiday...so, as she says I can take the boat, would it be worthwhile ???

If we do go, are any of you near there.....:) Flounder-Al perhaps...:):)

Any info gratefully received. :):)

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
hi norrie i am about 6miles away mate and i do most of my fishing on the west coast:g: i dont do a lot of boat fishing but havent heard of much in that part of the world maybe a little more productive off the black isle flounder al could tell you more i am sure of it have a nice few days mate:)

#7 ·
I'm only an hour away from Narin Norrie so I'll pop over to say hello if you up mate.
Neal
The SKink
Selwyn, sounds like a welsh FS to me.
stop bye on the way through skink and we can make it a threesome:icecream: :fishing: :bicycle:

G
#8 ·
Hiya Norrie

There are a few marks you can try with the boat but they are all towards Hopeman and Lossiemouth. I can get locations for you nearer the date if required. Personally i would head over to the west coast but if you really want to fish the moray firth/black isle then give me a pm nearer the date and i shall ask my mate who uses his boat on the firth..

#12 ·
norrie i could show you some places near hopeman and lossie that a dive boat skipper passed on to me but it would be a fair plod in the old boat mate there are some crackin marks at portsoy,gamrie,and the broch but again a fair hike for you:blink: but the mackies should be here in the next month or so if you dont mind that

#13 ·
norrie i could show you some places near hopeman and lossie that a dive boat skipper passed on to me but it would be a fair plod in the old boat mate there are some crackin marks at portsoy,gamrie,and the broch but again a fair hike for you:blink: but the mackies should be here in the next month or so if you dont mind that

Aha,,...Lossie, I would stay there.....visit the son in law.....and Al.....they work together !!!! But the mrs wants to go to Nairn !! :) I can see her getting left at home...:):)

Its a trailered boat ....so distance really doesnt come into it :)

Even the Broch is only 4 hours away.....:)

But we were looking at later in May..mid June,.or early July....I think July would be best actually...any ideas ??

Al, thanks for that mate....:)

Neal, Well mate, I promised you a trip on the boat !!!! might have to be in yer own back yard tho'..:)

#14 ·
Aha,,...Lossie, I would stay there.....visit the son in law.....and Al.....they work together !!!! But the mrs wants to go to Nairn !! :) I can see her getting left at home...:):)

But we were looking at later in May..mid June,.or early July....I think July would be best actually...any ideas ??

Neal, Well mate, I promised you a trip on the boat !!!! might have to be in yer own back yard tho'..:)
if distance is no problem then we can get you to some rock features although your boat will sink under the weight of mackies if you are up here in july let us know closer to your date and i am sure between us we can get you somewhere away from the missus:)

#15 ·
hi i was up there 2 weeks ago for a week in the holiday park it's a great little marina there swans as well i asked a local there what the fishing was like and he said off the boats the locals are out all the time catching what ?the guy did'nt know but he said the summer was the best time and forget the beach it's a waste of time.enjoy yourself and dont drink in the clubhouse it's 2.70 a pint tightlines andy.ilsf..s.wales:)

#16 ·

check out my photobucket pics of nairn below .andy ilsf..:)

#17 ·
Hi, i was up fishing in the beginning of September last year, launched at the harbour slip think it cost a fiver. The fishing it's self is prity crap!! One of the good marks i found was about 300 yards in front of the swimming pool out of the harbour to the left. Rough ground loads of lobster pots with bouys, you'll catch wrasse and pollock. Another mark is off shore about 5 to 6 miles called the gillion banks, a few coddling, ling. Also there is a wreak of a boat out there, to be honest the quality of the fish is not good. You can get in and out of the harbour two hours either side of low water. Hope this is of some help to you. :boat:

#23 ·
Lenny, You got a spare room ?? or a caravan in the garden ?? :):) Seriously, any sites near you ?...
One static caravan site in Ptk dont know what price it is but could find a number for you,one at Strathlene lookin accross the water nice one if the weather is good,again could find the number.or Neil said you could sleep wi him :blink:

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=3161
Mrs. Louise Connor. Portknockie Caravan Site. Seafield Terrace. Portknockie. AB56 2NA. 01542. 840766. Porknockie Caravan Site. Seafield Terrace. Portknockie ...
www.gocoastal.co.uk/resort_guides/portknockie/

#25 ·
Hi David, Yep, seems like it mate...but its not my holiday, just a few days away....:)

I've wanted to try fishing that coastline for years, since driving along it every day for almost a year.....and living at the head of the Beauly Firth...:):)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.