World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Three of us Kirl Big Ralph and self fished Marks In Donegal Bay on Friday the 13th

First Two drops (Unbaited Hookeyes) 2 very nice wrass. Then a pouting.
After that we spun for Pollock, we caught one about evert second cast. Kept six good ones for the pot, all other fish returned.

Fished the sand for about 2 hrs no luck.

Dingbat

·
Registered
224 Posts
sounds like a good day. was it your own boat or a charter :D :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
my parents have a house in donegal, facing tory island. i take my boat out there over the summer and we get some good catches. hoping to try for blue sharks this year.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i usually take the boat up to red bay at cushendall. usually get mackrel, cod , pollock, coalies, doggies etc. i see youve caught tope before, where did you get it? ive been thinking of heading to carlingford lough or strangford lough for them but ive not tried for them before. thinking of going out on a charter boat first to learn the basics tackle wise, and maybe find out a few marks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Fergal

On Saturday/Sunday 4th 5th June there is a Tope angling Festival in Rathmullen Co. Donegal. 3 lads and myself go every year. It's great fun and very relaxed fishing.
If you decide email [email protected]. address it to Anglea, she will let you know about the competition

dingbat

·
Registered
224 Posts
sent off an email there to that address. :D definatly thinking of heading up and bringing my dad too. i'd heard lough swilly was good for tope. i'll get in touch with you if were heading up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello there! I see you're thinking of heading to Carlingford for the tope. Good idea. Don't forget to bring your shore gear. There is a mark quite near Carlingford town that would offers a decent chance of a tope from the shore. I've consistently caught small dabs, whiting, rockling, codling etc here. There seems to be small fish here all year round. A short cast will put you in quite deep water. The boat fishing for tope is excellent too. Not to mention the large stock of bass that are to be caught on fly and surface running plugs in the same area. If you'd like more details don't be afraid to contact me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts