World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,

well we did manage to get out on the jolly fisherman today.weather was horrible wind wise to start off with,blowing quiet hard from the north east.it was well rough and i don't mind admitting i felt like crap out there and just wanted to get off!

anyway first off the tide was ripping through for the first couple of hours and not much was happening.then it was 1st blood to me with a small doggie.a few more of the lads had some dogs when the unbelievable happend.....i caught my 1st ever thornie in kent!!(yes it's true whop!)
it went about 4lbs i spose so i put it back.a few more were caught along with some more dogs and smoothound too.by now the tide had dropped off and everyone was into fish.i had half a dozen dogs,2 smoothies and the ray in total.some of the other boy's done better than me though.jonc had a good day along with thelegend(andy,nice to finally meet u!)who kept on catching hounds.the best fish of the day went to nick the greek which was a lovely 8lb smoothie.well done mate.

best bait was crab for the hounds.herring was good for the rays and squid caught loads of doggies.i had my ray on squid though just to be different!so after a poxy start to the day it ended up a good one.

thanks to all the lads for a good day and to paul,skipper of the jolly fisherman.anyone thinking of having a day out on this boat,don't hesitate.it's the nut's and the skipper's top draw too......dave.:boat: :thumbs:

ps,
pic's to follow i hope!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
well done mate good to here u got out, i have heard of quite a few hounds starting to show from the shores to which is good lets hope the easterly wind dont kill it all of, a mate of mine uses that boat all the time and swears by paul

·
Registered
348 Posts
Looks good Dave, Congrats on your 1st kent ray...nice 1 mate....
I'll see if any of the lads are up for the jolly fisherman one day soon....
Well done to Nick the greek too....:boat: :clap:

·
Registered
920 Posts
hi all,
as dave said went out in some rubbish conditions, very, very rough!:yucky:
had a dreadful mornin to be honest, not sure anyone had a fish :uhuh: .....and then it started with dave's doggie and, along with the weather, got increasingly better through the day. well done on your thornie dave!!!!!!!!!!:clap3: everyone caught a good few fish in the end. jonC had a very good day up the front. I ended up with 1 thornie of bout 3.5lbs, few dogs and a few smoothhounds- couple of small ones, one of bout 4lbs then a lovely one of 8lbs, was well happy, made my day that !:D

just like to say a big thanks to the lads for a quality day, hope we can do it again soon, and to skipper paul who is very good and certainly knows his stuff and has possibly the best boat around!:clap2:

here are the piccies
my smoothie!
:D

Daves first Kentish Ray!
well done mate! :clap2:

·
Banned
3,442 Posts
We had a pretty good day considering the conditions, It was really hard to spot the bites, I know I missed a few good bites, as well as my line parting with a decent Roker early on in the day.
IF the weather been a bit better we would of bagged up. But I guess If my auntie had *******s she'd be my uncle!

I weasled my way up yhe front of the boat,and comfortably fished with two rods once the tide eased off a bit, so this gave me a bit of an edge, but it goes to show haw much space thes boats have, there must have been 15 lines out with only a few simple cross overs early on.
JonC

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Well done dave,,,you did ya first ,, kent ray,,excellemt hope you had a drink to celabrate

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Well done Dave!!!!!!!! Got there in the end! Sounds like you baged up on a few.

Nice Starry Nick.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Yeah well done those that fished on Jolly Fisherman yesterday. As was previously mentioned the weather looked to be preventing us from having a good day

There was some really nice fish coming over the side yesterday. Think there was maybe 10 or so skate a few doggies and at least 20 smoothies, I think. Oh and a whiting.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Folks

Better late than never eh. Good to finally catch up with all you guys, we've got a good team for the year I believe. As you rightly say Dave, both boat and Skip top banana and looking forward to some new catch experiences in great company, if we eventually get some decent weather that is.

It was a tad on the bumpy side and I think trying to tie crab on and catching jacksh*te didnt help a few peoples heads, but good of Paul to commend us on making good out of a bad day and landing some good fish later. We just were not going to give in eh.

Glad you broke your duck on the Skate too dave. Good photo, how did you get that then, weren't you having difficulties with your camera!!!

We're up to 9 on our May 26 trip for the benefit of those going so if anyone knows of another 2 they'll be welcome, as its possible that 2 of ours will have to drop. Bass and Bream, weather permitting with any luck, but I'm sure you guys not going wont be keeping an eye out for the days report eh - hehe!!!

Looking forward to our next meet

Andy

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bleedin camera!!!(or was it me?):bangin:

spoke to mark about fishing for the flatfish,bream etc and like me,he's right up for it mate.

wish i could be on the may one but we'll be punching up the M6 whilst your out on the water!good luck andy and i hope the weather's better than we had......dave.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Spoke to Paul last night, maybe a bit early up here for Bream but certainly hope we get out for the Bass mate. Tome text a couple of days later, had heard from his mates who went out of Newquay and had loads of double figure Smoothies, biggest 23lb!!! They only have a short run of them down there though so it's finding the slot.

Deffo up for a plaice/bream etc drift and nice light tackle on one of our outings and will be guided by Paul on that one. Have fun in Wales, see you in June (without North Easterlys with any luck). Be up for a breakwater bash around then too most probably

1 - 11 of 11 Posts