World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am looking at a trip next month after plaice and was thinking of a boat trip in an attempt to land a bigger plaice.
Is this a good time to try? What tides are best? When will they be spawning? Or am I better advised to wait a while until they have fattened up again after spawning?

Any advice, gratefully received.

Many thanks

Dave

·
Registered
339 Posts
your best bet is to ask a local boat owner who organises day trips,they will advise on the species that can be caught at this time of year.
try any of the boats operating out of brighton marina they will know.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi guys,

I am looking at a trip next month after plaice and was thinking of a boat trip in an attempt to land a bigger plaice.
Is this a good time to try? What tides are best? When will they be spawning? Or am I better advised to wait a while until they have fattened up again after spawning?

Any advice, gratefully received.

Many thanks

Dave
Any time from now onwards should see plenty of plaice getting back into reasonable nick,as they are a bit shabby earlier in the year. The real fat boys seem to be latter in the summer,but you can still find the odd decent one from late march onwards.
Most of the boats go plaice fishing on the tides that are too big for wrecking,as the inshore area off brighton has a fairly gentle run of tide. That's not to say you won't get them on the smaller tides,it's just most boats will be working offshore.

If it's anything like last season then there will be plenty about once the water clears up,so load up with worm and small strips of squid or mackeral and away you go.

Raider.

Ps..you can get away with really light gear for a bit of sport,so pack a spinning rod and some one ounce leads.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any time from now onwards should see plenty of plaice getting back into reasonable nick,as they are a bit shabby earlier in the year. The real fat boys seem to be latter in the summer,but you can still find the odd decent one from late march onwards.
Most of the boats go plaice fishing on the tides that are too big for wrecking,as the inshore area off brighton has a fairly gentle run of tide. That's not to say you won't get them on the smaller tides,it's just most boats will be working offshore.

If it's anything like last season then there will be plenty about once the water clears up,so load up with worm and small strips of squid or mackeral and away you go.

Raider.

Ps..you can get away with really light gear for a bit of sport,so pack a spinning rod and some one ounce leads.
Thanks raider, I like the idea of fishing light tackle tactics. Can't get away with such light leads up here as the tide runs too hard!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts