World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a boat chartered for this coming Tuesday out of Arbroath for myself and the in-laws - does anyone know what the catches are like at the moment?

G

·
Was out on Monday (MOG) with a couple of lads from the S. Queenferry Club who'd just fished a boat comp at Arbroath. They said it was pretty poor. The tackle they lost weighed more than the fish caught.

·
Freeloader
6,662 Posts
Was out on Monday (MOG) with a couple of lads from the S. Queenferry Club who'd just fished a boat comp at Arbroath. They said it was pretty poor. The tackle they lost weighed more than the fish caught.
i was out last saturday though it was ok didnt loos much at all 3 leads and snapped a couple of rigs but plenty of codling

·
Registered
131 Posts
hi swinny i was at arbroath on sunday with the club doing a compation the weather was bad :thumbdown but still did no bad a few cod one was 4 1/2 ib. :yeah: i used flowing traces with spinner blades on them with beads -red - is the ones that i use. bait mussel /lug/squid/ hope you do well with the in laws and that i could help you :thumbs:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys, thanks for the info and help, I will let you know how I get on. :fishing1:

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi guys i was out last sunday on girl katherine i caught about 7 codling only 2 keepable and a good ling of about 7 lb i lost alot of gear tho it was hokai mussels tipped with a bit of squid that worked for me

·
Registered
293 Posts
i was out also last sun on girl katherine 2-5 pm with family + friends:group: caught codling to 4lb +wrasse to 2lb caught on fresh lug mackies were very far n few between very choppy though:boat:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts