World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

Ok, so the lads and I from the office have all booked a place on the Excel going out of Ramsgate at the end of September. Any ideas as to what we're most likely be catching at that time of year/place? I've only ever been boat fishing in Febraury and March so my experience is useless and the boys here keep pestering (through excitiment though) as to what they might get?

I'm assuming the Bass will be gone and a little too early for the Cod run. I know I could always give the skipper a call but i'd like some of your experiences/knowledge if poss?!?!?

Thanks in advance.

Kingey.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just send Dave (EXCEL), a PM. Last year the cod where in and the bigger bass around, inshore on the big tides. Uptiding tactics and/or down tiding using light rods with whole squid and worm.

Although having said that EXCEL has marks that I currently dream of owning in my plotter, so look at the size of the tide and drop him a message and all will be revealled. However, in my opinion late September last year meant good fishing close to the shore!!

Hope that helps, its getting me excited already.

Sam

·
Banned
8 Posts
depends on what tides you've picked and the weather but best chance of a big bass aswell as cod/whiting dogfish inshore or cod/black bream/bass on wrtecks but like most things the weather would dictate. you're better off phoning the skipper and asking... if your inshore take lots and lots of unwashed squid and you won't go wrong

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Fisch.

Dave (skipper) did tell me when I booked up but I thought i'd just have a nose about to see what you guys reckon and for any extra tips etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts