World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put an old Wilson Flyer 17ft. boat on Peterhead Marina:boat: . Equiped her with Fish Finder, GPS Radio, Life jackets, First aid kit, Fire extinguisher, and flares. Novice boat fisherman, although did some 25 years ago. Looking for folk interested in coming out fishing with me as I do not like the idea of being out there alone. I am self employed so times can be variable. Thinking of going out to North Head for cod tonight (Approx 6-30) if anyone is interested.

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Just put an old Wilson Flyer 17ft. boat on Peterhead Marina:boat: . Equiped her with Fish Finder, GPS Radio, Life jackets, First aid kit, Fire extinguisher, and flares. Novice boat fisherman, although did some 25 years ago. Looking for folk interested in coming out fishing with me as I do not like the idea of being out there alone. I am self employed so times can be variable. Thinking of going out to North Head for cod tonight (Approx 6-30) if anyone is interested.
would love to mate but i dont have any boat gear:)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Hi mcdad welcome to the site

I cant manage myself tonight but some time in the future I could take you up on your offer looks like it could be a nice evening for it though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup. I was out earlier with youngest son, so sea was calm. Tide just right tonight for North Head at about 7.00 and one can work there for hour or two each side of tide. Used to be cod there, but not sure nowadays.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
hello and welcome to the site.

be very intrested.save buying my own boat.

some time in the future when i can get out of aberdeen quickly.

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
sorry boys have to bail ,mother in law cant pick up the kids and it would take me 2 hours to get to peterhead :schmoll: any other times let me know cheers paul

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Yup. I was out earlier with youngest son, so sea was calm. Tide just right tonight for North Head at about 7.00 and one can work there for hour or two each side of tide. Used to be cod there, but not sure nowadays.
not sure where the north head is but,we use to catch cod and haddock from the rocks off scotstown beach :boat: aboard the seahunter

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like i will have to force myself to watch football instead. Don't like the idea that there is no one to pull me back into the boat when I fall out!!!! I will monitor this forum till 6.45 ish to see if there are any desperate fishermen.:) :) :fishing1: :fishing1: :fishing1:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hope you enjoy your new boat, but if you are a novice boater I would think twice about being out after dark. Do you have nav lights, can you navigate a course with compass and charts? Especially dangerous around a busy commercial harbour like peterhead. Im a new boat owner too, but its going to be along time before i consider going out at night. Good luck.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
North Head is just round the back of the North breakwater towards the Ugie river. Getting out of Aberdeen towards Peterhead is a disaster area of slow moving trafic around 5 til 6 pm. I, and boat could be available most evenings and even some days, so guests will be welcome.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually have "o-level" navigation, so know about tides and things. The boat has nav lights, and is fully equiped for safety. Including by Friday, a spare motor. Don't intend being out when dark though, as daylight is ending around 8.45 tonight. Harbour control at Peterhead is excellent in that the harbour master is on call 24/7 on channel 14 on radio. safety will always be first consideration, hence if I have no company on board, I will not venture out of breakwater to fish.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Its been a long time since I fished from Peterhead, there used to a few charters but I don't think there are any now.

Used to get cod, haddock and the usual rough ground species.

If memory serves me correctly mussel was the killer bait on the inshore reefs.

It'll be intresting to see how you got on.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Would have jumped to this offer if i put computer on earlier today.
Mabe some other time ,and welcome to the form mate. Pretty good of you offering local anglers to come out in your boat.
Ave got some old boat gear in my shed life jackets and bouys, all have to look them out as i dont use them.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Welcome to the site mate.

Myself and tight-liner have been speaking about how good it would be to get to marks by boat off peterhead and see whats there,:boat: :clap3:

anytime your going out give us a shout. plenty of gear.

If you fancy doing some shore fishing again give me a shout and i'll get something organised.

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Where exactly is North Head mcdad and how long you planning on staying out? Could be interested...

·
Registered
824 Posts
The north heads the rocks behide the north breakwater to the roanheads.

G

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forum mcdad. What a generous offer, there are a load of wrecks some big along our coast, would expect them to hold big ling and pollock and cod just have to find a few of them. It was U boat alley in the First World War, will try to get hold of GPS co-ordinates etc, stuck in Nigeria just now so give us a month as they are on PC at home. Of Scotstown beach a couple of hundred yards off where the new pipeline went in produces bigger turbot than from the beach, might be worth a bash.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts