World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I used to fish there many years ago there was a local boat that always
fished just to the left of the entrance to Hamford water. i was told that they used to catch quite a few bass.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I should imagine that you could get out into Pennyhole bay if the weathers OK, should be some good marks out there.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
boat fishing walton backwaters tomorrow any tips or advice would be great thanks :fishing1:
Use a sinning rod, fixed spool with 10lb line, free line a ragworm with a large swan shot about 3 inches above the hook.

Float fish with either sliding float or fixed depending on depth baited with ragworm.

Small arsley weight rolling around in the tide baited with either ragworm or crab.

Either a 2/0 or 3/0 hook.

Any bait anchored to the bottom will be gone in seconds with the crab population round there.

Flood tide quite productive, also certain times on the ebb, fish edge of channel or channel along by the sunken barges, cast into shallows as well near the barges with small arsley & let it roll about.

Stone point there is a deep hole that produces but boat traffic a proble in the summer, tide really runs through there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts