World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi chaps can anybody tell me what is the best mould for making sinkers for boat fishing and were i can get them from thanks david

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
i like bopedo leads best, 3/4 lb for general use, if you get sea angler you will find a mail order supplier, spotty:)
Hiya, Totally agree there..great weight/mould...they can be bought in all sizes from 3oz , to over 1lb at Glasgow Angling , priced from £9.99 to (I think) £14.99 :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
My first post - so be gentle.

I use Tealight candle holders (honest!) with the candle removed, of course.

(I hope this picture works !!!)

This one weight 4.5 oz

·
Registered
46 Posts
I used half a Bulldog clip, bent over before pouring the lead.

As a beginner I am quite pleased with ththe result, but I do appreciate that they are not what everyone is looking for.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Good idea scotsman, they look just about right for flattie fishing from the shore to me. I have used desert spoons to make a similar style lead before, although had not thought of this before.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I used half a Bulldog clip, bent over before pouring the lead.

As a beginner I am quite pleased with ththe result, but I do appreciate that they are not what everyone is looking for.
Bulldog clips must be very expensive, you can buy the loops for a couple of quid per 100.

·
Registered
198 Posts
depending what you are fishing for the cannon ball lead is very good less likely to snag up(being round) plus you cover more area of the sea bed.
the next best are the pear shaped but this only my opinion.

they are also great for pollocking tried & tested.They seem to bounce off the metal structure.

The only problem is they wre not easy to come by as the moulds are imported from the states.

I have used them for a few years now for both shore and boat.

charlie....:secret:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts