World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boat insurance is up for renewal , the cheapest Quote ive had is from a company called CHARTIS £100.74, Just like to know if anyone has insured with these before and if you have any comments about them.

Regards mark.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Weird... my boat insurance is with porthcrawl. But I had difficulty insuring my classic landrover as a daily driver in Ireland. I found one broker that got me a good deal with a foreign company called chartis!!!
Now I know they do boats, I might just get both done with them.

I've only been with them a few months, but they seem fine and offer good cover.
Looking forward to other replies!

·
Registered
9,254 Posts
The only good test of an insurance company is when things go wrong, then its too late to change,

My simple answer is I use porthcawl, why because i know of a few people who have had to make claims and they have been settled very quickly and without any arguments

ETEC

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am insured with insure my boat that costs £78 a year fully comp,I have a quote of chartis of £81 so they all seem to be a similar price,I have never had to claim so you don't really know who are the best to be with,

·
Registered
11,783 Posts
The only good test of an insurance company is when things go wrong, then its too late to change,

My simple answer is I use porthcawl, why because i know of a few people who have had to make claims and they have been settled very quickly and without any arguments

ETEC
Bear in mind that Porthcawl is an insurance broker not an insurance company - their service is excellent and I imagine they would fight your corner with any insurance company they deal with, but at the end of the day they will be at the behest of whoever they've insured you with.

·
Things Come to Those Who Bait
2,460 Posts
I use Porthcawl.. Just added my mate Nige as now glad to say 1/2 Owner, In his Blood, loves it ....!!!!

Chamged all the Documents to add his name, superb to deal with.
But like someone said, gladly pay them £100 a year. And hope i never need them.
Bob.

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
Actually popped in to Porthcawl Insurances office to renew my policy today.
£135 for £19k fully comp, £3 million public liablity, 20 miles offshore :marinheir

headlight

G

·
Porthcawl for me too. We had a discussion on here some time ago about the distance from land that most policies cover you for. I often go 30 miles or more from land and Porthcawl were the only broker that managed to get an underwriter to tailor make the policy to suit my requirements. The others only wanted to sell an 'off the shelf' policy. Not had to make a claim yet but am confident that all the recommendations on here were not for no reason.

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
Porthcawl for me too. We had a discussion on here some time ago about the distance from land that most policies cover you for. I often go 30 miles or more from land and Porthcawl were the only broker that managed to get an underwriter to tailor make the policy to suit my requirements. The others only wanted to sell an 'off the shelf' policy. Not had to make a claim yet but am confident that all the recommendations on here were not for no reason.
My "standard" coverage is 20 miles offshore but with a phone call they will extend it to 35 miles for specific trips at no extra cost :marinheir

headlight

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.