World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
8,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BLIMEY this boat lark,,,dam expensive,,,,tho once you got,,i suppose then,its easier....just got me rope ,chain, inflatale thwart,shackles etc,45 quid or there abouts,,,roll on couple of weeks ,i pick me outboard up,,,,for those out all the best and good luck for the easter breakTIGHT LINES

G

·
Think yourself lucky you only have a Rib to kit out! If my missus knew how much I have spent on gear for mine she would have a fit:blahblah: . I have 2 plotters worth a tad under £2k between them and maybe another £2k on other bits and bobs.
If you are planning on insuring your boat and equipment make sure you keep a comprehensive list of what you have and what it cost.

· Registered
8,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice one terry,yeh boats ,marine stuff,,,god they got to be some,i just about managed to talk me missus in to letting me have a dinghy,,,,christ knows what shell do ,if i buy a boat,,,,,,she will blow a casket ,,lol

· Registered
8,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aha,,,i like it ,,,shes not in the water yet,,,,,,yes we have to be careful with our words lol

· Registered
7,021 Posts
Dear Mrs Cascars.
Your hubby has been spending far more on his boat than he is telling you.
Oh sorry, did he forget to mention that as well.
Come the day of reckoning, tell him that you will sell all his gear for what he told you it cost him.
Kind regards.
A Friend.

TBF did no one tell you that owning and runnng a boat is rather like standing under a cold shower while tearing up £20 notes?

· Registered
8,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my god, thats a painfull way of describing it,,,but im beginning to think your ,,,,right,,,and cricky the dosh you fellas must spend ,,,,,,owning 18 ..20 ft ers,,,,,mrs TBf...not happy with what ive spent,spending now ,,,,,lol

· Registered
130 Posts
Dear Mrs Cascars.
Come the day of reckoning, tell him that you will sell all his gear for what he told you it cost him.
Kind regards.
A Friend.

TBF did no one tell you that owning and runnng a boat is rather like standing under a cold shower while tearing up £20 notes?
A boat is a hole in the water into which one throws money.

G

·
Dear Mrs Cascars.
Kind regards.
A Friend.

She still spends more on shoes and handbags than I spend on the boat though:roll1:

· Registered
7,021 Posts
She still spends more on shoes and handbags than I spend on the boat though:roll1:
Sure but I'd like to see you hit her with the boat!

· Registered
3,999 Posts
Mainly been weeded out, but there`s a small minority that seem to think it`s ok to take a few "mates" out and charge them "diesel/petrol money".
Of course this practice is strictly illegal and normally hugely irresponsible as these boats don`t normally carry enough safety gear, liferafts, lifejackets, have high enough railings, qualified skippers etc. . . .

Nothing wrong with taking a few mates fishing, but taking money from them to cover costs, No, NO.

Enough of my rantings,

Dave.

www.kentcharterfishing.com

· The Oracle
8,219 Posts
Mainly been weeded out, but there`s a small minority that seem to think it`s ok to take a few "mates" out and charge them "diesel/petrol money".
Of course this practice is strictly illegal and normally hugely irresponsible as these boats don`t normally carry enough safety gear, liferafts, lifejackets, have high enough railings, qualified skippers etc. . . .

Nothing wrong with taking a few mates fishing, but taking money from them to cover costs, No, NO.

Enough of my rantings,
I's a bit more common than you think.. but when you mention that what they are doing is actually illegal you get made out to be all the bad ones, I basically got run off a certain website for pointing it out :giveup: :giveup:

· Registered
8,984 Posts
Dear Mrs Cascars.
Kind regards.
A Friend.

Terible how could you think of doing such a terrible thing == PAT

· Registered
7,021 Posts

· Registered
4,797 Posts
So it's illegal for your mate to chip in for the fuel?!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.