World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been a few recent posts on launching sites in the Sussex area.
Whilst looking for a new location to launch my new boat (Sussex Yacht club ban planing hull boats), I have Shoreham (and joined yesterday). The club is on the Shoreham beach area. It has a short concrete slip onto hard packed sand. A number of boats are launched by driving 4X4s onto the beach, although not sure if I'll try it with my car.
Joining fees are £45 for family membership (£35 single) and £100 for the launching facilities (key to the side gate). There is usually a £100 joining fee which is being waved this month, so join before the end of July to take advantage of this offer.:fishing1:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Mike, the slip along at Emerald Quay is Free to anyone.
You probably know that already though.

I was not aware of the hull design being a limitation to launching at SYC??

I have been a member there for a year now and just turn up and launch/recover my 'Eau 625 whenever I want.

Although, did have a run-in with the little p£1ck Hitler who trys to run the launching side. Wanders around full of his own p1$$ and importance!!

Even my little combo van can pull the boat up that ramp, it's such a nice gradient.

We normally launch from E/Quay though, as it is just one road away from the house. And easier than driving along Shoreham High Street.

Reverse down, boat engine astern and off we go...........

·
Registered
842 Posts

I have been a member there for a year now and just turn up and launch/recover my 'Eau 625 whenever I want.

Although, did have a run-in with the little p£1ck Hitler who trys to run the launching side. Wanders around full of his own p1$$ and importance!!

Even my little combo van can pull the boat up that ramp, it's such a nice gradient.

We normally launch from E/Quay though, as it is just one road away from the house. And easier than driving along Shoreham High Street.

Steve have you checked vehicles towing weight , cause your probably massively overloaded. I have a QS 640 and cannot tow it with a Peugeot 406 estate , as weight of boat engine & trailer would exceed 1600 kg which is the maximum for my vehicle, I know you live near the slip but you could still get nicked & your insurance would be invalid.

IMHO

Cheers Ian

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Your right on the money there Ian.....hence no long journeys with the van.

Boat only comes out every 100hrs for the (ever so cheap - not) service. £285 last time.......oooooch, that was a bigger shafting than I was expecting.

It won't be the fuel costs that keep me in the marina, It'll be the worry of the next shafti...I mean service. :g::g:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Cheers, I am aware of Emerald Quay, but it is very limited when you can launch and parking is not great.
I also had a run in with a little p£1ck Hitler at SYC who turned out to be the comodore of the club. He tried to tell me that my old boat (a 12'6" maxcraft which is similar to an Orkney Spinner) was a planing hull boat.
Anyway, I decided on the Harbour Club as it appeared easier for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts