World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have recently being thinking seriously about entering small boat angling competitions. Looking at articles it has become aparent that longer multi-tip boat rods and fixed spool reels seem very popular for the purpose of catching numbers of smaller species. What i was wanting to know was what tackle is needed to cover all eventualities and what rigs are best for catching numbers and different species. I have the Mustard Multi-Tip and the Fladen Maxximus Multi Tip boat rods, but have also looked at those made by Grauvell and Hiro. I was planning to use these with either a Shimano baitrunner or a Daiwa Emblem Reel and 20lb braid. I was also thinking that an uptider would be a good rod to take (covers 15-20lb class) and perhaps a 20-30lb class rod as well to cover all eventualities. I understand from coarse match fishing that matches can be won or lost on numbers of fish, but by also by taking time to target larger species or 'bonus' fish. If any boat match anglers could help with guidance and tips on rigs, speed fishing and the correct tackle to take it would be very usefull to me.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Very much depands on the venue, where are the comps you're thinking of fishing?

Most comps nowadays are points base with catch and release so everyone will be different depending upon the scoring system. There's no point in using your Maximus for a Mersey cod comp nor using the 30lb class to winkle out mini species at Weymouth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts