World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it"s getting towards that time of the year where despite the dismal winter fishing out of Cardiff last winter I am thinking of bringing my boat from the Gower to Cardiff for 3 months.
Last year I brought her down for Nov, Dec & January. I put her in Walton Marine (Cardiff Bay)where I could leave her on the trailer & launch as & when on their slip (this was easier than a wet mooring as I didn"t need to anti-foul her or change the anodes). Cost last year for 3 months was 拢370.
I am wondering if anyone knows of a cheaper place where I could leave her on the trailer that has a slip so that I can launch when I like.
Thanks in advance.

headlight

Registered
Not sure if i'm right in saying,but joining cardiff bay yatch club at i think 拢200 and using their slip may work out cheaper,though i'm not sure how much for three months storage would be but i doubt its 拢170 worth.
Just a thought it may work out cheaper,certainly worth a phone call.
Did u manage to get to Lundy at all through the summer if you can call it that?

Raider 18 Owner
Iv had prices from cardiff bay marina, for dry rack storage and for a mooring. Iv also had a price from penarth marina, so its a case of waiting now to see what headlight finds out about afon boat club. Then see whats the best option for us.

Banned
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure if i'm right in saying,but joining cardiff bay yatch club at i think 拢200 and using their slip may work out cheaper,though i'm not sure how much for three months storage would be but i doubt its 拢170 worth.
Just a thought it may work out cheaper,certainly worth a phone call.
Did u manage to get to Lundy at all through the summer if you can call it that?
No never made Lundy mate:thumbdown weather was carp everytime we planned to go. With regards to CBYC the costs would be 拢353 (if their web site is up to date) for 3 months so 拢50 cheaper but I have been told that they are not keen on boats being stored on trailers in their compound & launched regularly. They see their compound as somewhere for working on boats & would prefer us on a mooring.

headlight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.