World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to come up with a name for my boat.

I want something different from the rest, are there any resources that list the boat names that are currently used.

i have tried a web search but with not too much luck.

Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
A mate of mine came up with a good one the other day. He doesn't have a boat, but said that if he ever does, he's going to name it "Ian".

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
The Jolly Dungthumper ?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts

I want something different from the rest, are there any resources that list the boat names that are currently used.

Thanks
'Beatrix' Potter?

Afishionado

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Best one I've seen is "snopaidforyet" though I've heard of a WAFI's boat called "Bits of String" on the radio

·
Registered
476 Posts
Phooket :)

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Think of something relevant to the boat which involves you, or a member of the family, or a mate. My last boat was called "Blueskip" because it was a Dell Quay Dory that the previous owner had painted it Navy Blue inside & out (no doubt the paint was pinched).:nonono:
When the lorry dropped it off in my mates yard, I was down the woods felling trees, he came down & told me that somebody had just delivered a blue skip for me, & asked what I wanted it for?:nono:
When we went back up, I informed him in no uncertain terms that was my latest pride & joy, to which he replied "looks like a f*****g skip somebody has painted blue to me"! Hence I felt obliged to call it "Blueskip":yeah:
My latest is called "Cleavage" advertised a a 16ft "Deep V", what nicer deep V than a big cleavage hence":whistling:
So get thinking originally, lets have something better than "Skylark 57" is it fast? if so what about "Flying Panties", "Kelly's Eye", "Potters Wheels" come on be original!:yahoo:
blueskip

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I HATE smutty boat names. Boats are beautifull things and to sully them with in the gutter childish innuendo displays all the class and quality of a WAG.

Afishionado

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
What about "****pot":yahoo: They are only beautiful things when they dont need any work & are going well, other than that, they are mainly "Essex Blondes":rtfm:
blueskip

·
Registered
1,957 Posts

Thanks

Christ Mate, use your imagination!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
most people are obsessed with their boats so why not call it "obsession" or "pride and joy"."dreamer" or even "at last".the list is endless and at the end of the day its what you are happy with.there's another "happiness".or maybe how we all wish the fish were "knee deep".

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.