World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well we had a good trip club members were pleased,

so that makes me happy.
as was stated before it was LSD city loads of them of good size and really small sizes , the boat is now the HARMONY JB and can accomodate 8 angles,comfortably, we fished various areas of loch linnie try to hunt down decent fish,although no thornies were caught we did get doggies,3 spurs of decent 4/5lbs one whiting,and one stary smooth hound this was 3.5lbs :clap2:

weather was perfect but fishing was slow but we expected this,but we made the most of it and every one had a good time including a fly only member who has never fished off a boat before,he caught the first fish of the saterday,smile was wiped off when he found out our rules.

£2 from each member into a pot first fish £12.

this meant although he had £12 it meant he had to get first round in that night.

:)

baits were

mackerel/squid/squat lobsters/herring.

squats caught the smooth,the rest fell to macckie and squid.

pics below of boat and smooth.

Attachments

·
Team Jedi
1,639 Posts
Good report and nice pic of the SSH never seen one before didnt even know you got them that far North well done on a decent trip better luck with the Thornies next time eh!

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Hya,

Well done :)

the Smooth hound is a cracker... that's the second Starry I've seen from up that area.. time to try more crab baits me thinks :)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
well done on the smoothie :clap3: crackin wee fish aint they :clap3: seems like you had a great day out which is the main thing , :notworthy well done !!

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
i was fishing on a baot there a few year back
we caught
gunards, mackerel , pollack , lsds etc had a good time
like yourselves we enjoyed it
well done lads

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Nice report Vespaman, Well done on the Starry !!!! :clap3: :clap3: