World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out on my dads boat yesterday out of cardiff bay. caught the 8.30 lock out and headed west towards nash sands. tryed a few drifts around nash point first hoping to pick up a early bass but to no avail. so we made our way over to the banks and anchored just inside. from the first cast we caught dogs, dogs and more dogs. we must have had about 30 in the first hour some of them no even hooked just tangled in the line! so we decided to sit it through for another hour and with that i hooked into something better. i played the fish for about 15 minutes with the tide rushing through and to the net came a 32lb conger which was safely returned. during the next 2 hours we caught 2 rays, a small eyed about 9lb and a blond 15lb along with the ever present doggies.

so as the tide slackened we decided to make a move and headed out to a mid channel wreck this resulted in more dogs and about 15 congers to 18lb as low water had been and gone we decided to make a move back home and caught the 5.15 lock back in.

cracking day out weather wise
with constant fishing resulted in about
60 doggies
about 15 conger to 32lb
a blond ray of 15lb
a small eyed ray of 9lb

suprised to not see more ray and also only 2 other boats fishing the banks on a bank holiday saturday.

also speaking to a boat on the way in that made there way down to oxwich area and they ended up with a boat load of makkie.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
went out on my dads boat yesterday out of cardiff bay. caught the 8.30 lock out and headed west towards nash sands. tryed a few drifts around nash point first hoping to pick up a early bass but to no avail. so we made our way over to the banks and anchored just inside. from the first cast we caught dogs, dogs and more dogs. we must have had about 30 in the first hour some of them no even hooked just tangled in the line! so we decided to sit it through for another hour and with that i hooked into something better. i played the fish for about 15 minutes with the tide rushing through and to the net came a 32lb conger which was safely returned. during the next 2 hours we caught 2 rays, a small eyed about 9lb and a blond 15lb along with the ever present doggies.

so as the tide slackened we decided to make a move and headed out to a mid channel wreck this resulted in more dogs and about 15 congers to 18lb as low water had been and gone we decided to make a move back home and caught the 5.15 lock back in.

60 doggies
about 15 conger to 32lb
a blond ray of 15lb
a small eyed ray of 9lb

suprised to not see more ray and also only 2 other boats fishing the banks on a bank holiday saturday.

also speaking to a boat on the way in that made there way down to oxwich area and they ended up with a boat load of makkie.
Well done on the fishing mate looks like you had a good day as to the drifting along nash mate have you found out that the bas are alot smaller in the last two yrs we have a mark now over he other side and you have to fish it on the big tides to get the drift tight lines

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeh it was a good day only really drifted it over than the last couple of years so unable to comment on size differences. the majority of the fish we had last year were in the 2-4lb range with only the odd fish better than that. we drift around the point in between the east nash boy. do you drift the bank then. the only part of the bank we drift is west nash but that is mostly for makkies

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
yeh it was a good day only really drifted it over than the last couple of years so unable to comment on size differences. the majority of the fish we had last year were in the 2-4lb range with only the odd fish better than that. we drift around the point in between the east nash boy. do you drift the bank then. the only part of the bank we drift is west nash but that is mostly for makkies
hi dude have a look at your pms mate tight lines

·
Registered
2,690 Posts

60 doggies
about 15 conger to 32lb
a blond ray of 15lb
a small eyed ray of 9lb

cracking days fishing m8 well done:clap3: :clap3: :clap3: TIGHT LINES

1 - 8 of 8 Posts