World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have been looking foreward to today for 8 months scince I booked this trip with malcolm jones but I got a worrying call last night from malc he was struggling the previous day to catch fresh bait as we usually have no problems with this on his trips, just as worrying was the fact that the conger havent been playing ball all week. we all met in the carpark as planned,forum members poughill reef ,wilkybarkid,c woody bigman and half a dozen others marty chop, and his mate smell, mike squire bigmans mate( I think his name was ben) and a mate of wilkys matt, after initially struggling for bait we found macky in abundance and wbk had a 5lb pollack, and steamed to our mark only to find another boat already there, so we had steam in 10 miles or so to try another wreck as malc said it wouldnt be one he would normally choose.
after a very slow start action c woody had a good fish on it looked heavy but came quietly bloody hell or words to that effect its a fifty pounder and it looked all of that as it was boated for a photo session before releasing after that more quiet for about 45mins and the boat swung off the wreck by a few degrees and bingo 6 hook ups at once three loosed there selfs from the hook but three where on there way up chopper was into one matt and myself also matts was the first a good 55lb, then choppers nearly the same size i had a tiddler on light tackle 25-30lb obviously the runt of the litter, that was the end of the conger action so the best option was to go inside a bit and drift for ling first action was by poughill a ling of 10 plus smell had one about 6lb I had one about the same then again quiet apart from a brace of the best whiting I have ever seen cant remember who caught them but Im sure the piccys will be posted soon and that was the days angling great day out and good company.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
good day out.nice one for organising it paul.
and malc jones what a skipper.:clap3: always helping out untangling lines, preparing bait and supplying tea.and giving advice on rigs weights etc.and always trying to put us on the fish.i think all onboard will definetly be going out again with him.

cwoodys 53lber.

matts 55lber

smellies whiting

poughills 18lb ling

catch of the day...bigmans little fish

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
A brilliant day out with a great bunch of guys :clap3: Thanks Paul for organising it. I didn't take many photos so hopefully the others will post theirs.
I'm off to tame some Ebro Catfish in a bit so this will be brief.

Here's Wilky Pollack

He had to gut it under close scrutiny :laugh:

Here's the 1st Ling on board

Here is the boat that was at our target wreck. There was something done to upset the skip. I think he'd had customers poached and a Mark revealed so we went a extra half hour to a different spot.
We saw the blue Arvor 23 being towed back to port by a charter boat and we could barely hide our smiles. The karmic forces are strong on the south coast it would appear. :lmao: :lmao:

Hopefully someone can post some more pics and show the fat-boy congers. Sorry guys I didn't have my camera to hand as all 4 of you qualified to join the Conger Club.

Cheers to everyone for making it a great day, Paul for sorting it out and to the skipper of Sea Angler 2. Top bloke!!!

:notworthy

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A brilliant day out with a great bunch of guys :clap3: Thanks Paul for organising it. I didn't take many photos so hopefully the others will post theirs.
I'm off to tame some Ebro Catfish in a bit so this will be brief.

Here's Wilky Pollack

He had to gut it under close scrutiny :laugh:

Here's the 1st Ling on board

Here is the boat that was at our target wreck. There was something done to upset the skip. I think he'd had customers poached and a Mark revealed so we went a extra half hour to a different spot.
We saw the blue Arvor 23 being towed back to port by a charter boat and we could barely hide our smiles. The karmic forces are strong on the south coast it would appear. :lmao: :lmao:

Hopefully someone can post some more pics and show the fat-boy congers. Sorry guys I didn't have my camera to hand as all 4 of you qualified to join the Conger Club.

Cheers to everyone for making it a great day, Paul for sorting it out and to the skipper of Sea Angler 2. Top bloke!!!

:notworthy
nice piccys boys I didnt realise the arvor was towed in malc said to me bet you any money he went over his anchor rope i wasnt sure what he was on about,I have never seen him as p***ed off as he was wth that bloke

·
Registered
516 Posts
Firstly I'd like to thank Paul for organising the trip, what a cracking day out with very good company and a top notch skipper.

I'd never seen conger in the flesh at over 50lb before, let alone catch one. It was quite a sight to see 3 that size on the same day.

there were some nice ling, a few large whiting and that nice polack from wilkybarkid.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Cheers Paul
Had a bloody good day aside from the personal fish count!!!
Top skipper too. Comes highly recommended. Non of this anchored up and chilling out in the cabin for an easy life. As mentioned, the mark that the wanted was occupied, so off to another, we got onto the target species and had 3 new members of the conger club.
When that dropped off we said that we wouldnt mind having a go for some ling, so off we steamed and 1st drop produced a 18lber and further drifts produced more good ones. TOP SKIPPER THIS FELLOW.
It was nice to see some big eels but a shame that i didnt get them!!! woodys never going to let me forget this..........Roll on next year!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers Paul
Had a bloody good day aside from the personal fish count!!!
Top skipper too. Comes highly recommended. Non of this anchored up and chilling out in the cabin for an easy life. As mentioned, the mark that the wanted was occupied, so off to another, we got onto the target species and had 3 new members of the conger club.
When that dropped off we said that we wouldnt mind having a go for some ling, so off we steamed and 1st drop produced a 18lber and further drifts produced more good ones. TOP SKIPPER THIS FELLOW.
It was nice to see some big eels but a shame that i didnt get them!!! woodys never going to let me forget this..........Roll on next year!
if your all up for it I am going to book with him in september hopefully we will get the quantity and the quality this time he normally has a couple of fiftys but an awful lot of 20-40lb

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
if your all up for it I am going to book with him in september hopefully we will get the quantity and the quality this time he normally has a couple of fiftys but an awful lot of 20-40lb
Im in mate. 100%

·
Registered
3,228 Posts

I already felt worse than that pollack cos I couldn't make it, and all these pics are just rubbing it in! Looks like you had a great time, perhaps even against the conditions.

Some fine fish there.
Particularly like the photo where — if you blur your eyes a bit — it could almost be Mr Quint's final battle in the remake of Jaws ...

:roll1:​

1 - 11 of 11 Posts