World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Big Stan,

First and foremost my choice of main line would be 30/40lb braid. I would attach a 12ft clear leader to this, 25/30lb. Then a red Zip slider with bead and Gemini clip.

With this set up the world is your oyster, within a few seconds you can either Ledger or use a paternoster of your choice.

If you remove the clip from the Zip slider (Keep it in your pocket) you can attach a 10" stainless steel boom (plastic ones are next to useless) with a trace of approximately 6-8-10ft and use a lure.

Replace the boom with the hook from the Zip slider, then attach a 6ft trace with a hook of your choice or even a Pennell.

All of my traces have a swivel attached to one end so that I can clip them onto my main line which has the Gemini clip. Your lead is attached to the removable clip on the Zip slider. (The one thay you put in your pocket)

With this set up you are ready for any type of fishing from any boat wherever.

I hope this helps.

Drew

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello Drew,

"If you remove the clip from the Zip slider (Keep it in your pocket) you can attach a 10" stainless steel boom (plastic ones are next to useless) with a trace of approximately 6-8-10ft and use a lure."

How and where do you attach the boom ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
(Then a red Zip slider with bead and Gemini clip.)

( If you remove the clip from the Zip slider (Keep it in your pocket) you can attach a 10" stainless steel boom)

Hi Gulle,

Attach the stainless steel boom with the Gemini Clip.

If you PM me your e-mail address I will try and send you a photograph.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi stan

Fished out of Weymouth a couple of weeks ago and we did just general ground fishing all day.. We had 2 rs at drift round portland for wrasse, pouting and pollock and then 2hrs each at anchor on sand and rough ground.

if you tell me what you are targeting I will mail u with what i know worked

Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts