World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought my boyfriend a boat seat for his fishing boat and he says the pedestal does not go high enough for him to drive the boat while sitting down. He's already destroyed the packaging so I can't return the pedestal. He's been rummaging around the garage all day looking for something that he can bolt down to the base of the boat then bolt the pedestal to it. Anybody got any low cost ideas on how to extend the pedestal??? Please help he's driving me crazy. Joanne:boat:

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
Hi, I bought my boyfriend a boat seat for his fishing boat and he says the pedestal does not go high enough for him to drive the boat while sitting down. He's already destroyed the packaging so I can't return the pedestal. He's been rummaging around the garage all day looking for something that he can bolt down to the base of the boat then bolt the pedestal to it. Anybody got any low cost ideas on how to extend the pedestal??? Please help he's driving me crazy. Joanne:boat:
Yes, there is an easy way, and it depends how much you want to extend it. I would make up a plywood box high enough to raise the pedestal to the right height, then fibreglass it over and glass it to the deck. The pededestal can be bolted to the fibreglass box. If the height difference is not much, it will be a "blind" box i.e. empty. If it is high enough to make a useful space under, you can cut an oval hole in the side and use it for storage - in which case cover the inside with fibreglass as well.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Extend the length of tube between the pedestal and the seat or get one to the right length. It will cost you abot £10-£15 for a stainless tube, just take the original tube into a steel stockholder.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Stretch him a bit, save him buying a new pipe or having to do the carpentry/glassing, I bet he always wanted to be taller anyway!:roll1:
blueskip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts